I wanted to get your advice on the SDM which I have just mixed. I used these measurements according to another member who posted it because I needed a measurement for 'parts'. To my horror it didn't perform the way I thought it should. I assume that it should render the paints slippery and fluid and remain wet for at least a week. These were drying within my painting session! I thought maybe that painting on a primed wood panel without a stain base coat color may effect this but it seems like I messed up somewhere. I am upset because it was a very expensive experiment.
Here are the measurements which I was very careful about using a ml measuring cup.
120 ml artist grade OMSpirits (according to the members recipe I should have used 174 ml but I ran out)
87 ml artist grade Stand oil
75 ml artist grade Venice Turp. according to the recipe I should have used 87 ml but I ran out)
30 ml Clove oil (this was the most expensive)
17ml artist grade refined linseed
Also I haven't waited 24 hours for the mixture to settle. I used it immediately so I am wondering whether this, painting on primed wood, and missing the 10 ml of Venice Turp and around 50 ml of odorless thinner really makes a big difference.
What can I do to save my SDM