Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

WIP landscape/home

A0 piece.

Still working on the forms.
This is a commissioned project I'm working on with a friend.
He was working on the stairs on the right and the lines are not even straight...  :s:'(
Long way touching up.. bottom black line is just going to add in a lake.

This is meant to be a lake-house but they couldn't capture in photo. Yup.

I feel stressed.

And if you see circles in pencil marking.. we were working on a "recycled" canvas.. 

:s 

DiannajefftassieguymahdidencalSummerJuliannamanitouArtGal

Comments

• What? No pool? Great architectural rendering. I think the bottom of the patio house roof could be more elliptical? 
    mavis_swt
  • BOB73 said:
    What? No pool? Great architectural rendering. I think the bottom of the patio house roof could be more elliptical? 
    I don’t remember the owner mentioning any pools hahaha.. it’s just his investment property so I don’t think there is anybody staying there most of the time... maybe just one of his Daughter studying in the UK.

yeah are you referring the the semicircle entrance? It’s a bit off.. thanks for highlighting  :)
  • Actually I was referring to the conical roof on the structure to the left..
    mavis_swt
  • edited March 17
    @BOB73 I see. yeah that one will have to just adjust the white lines. :) I’m cleaning up the overalls now before going back into the details. Re-did the flooring colours first because I thought there was too much reds.. this outdoor sofa is about done.

BOB73
  • Using my big old T-Square to check all the lines.

A lot of it is off so I’m back to “Draw”.. before I mix and paint :)

Julianna
  • "T" square isn't always the best option. It depends on your perspective. Check angles with a divider. But you're right to compare with a square.
    jeffmavis_swt
  • Measuring devices are wonderful tools.
    mavis_swt
  • Does the perspective need to be fixed on the lawn?  It looks to me like the painting has the house at the edge of a steep hill, but the photo looks like it's a flat lawn with mowing strips...
    mavis_swt
  • edited March 18
    BOB73 said:
    "T" square isn't always the best option. It depends on your perspective. Check angles with a divider. But you're right to compare with a square.
    Mmmm..
    don’t have a divider on hand.. I’m using my old compass and using my big 60degrees Set Square. I think with the compass and T Square it’s easier to get the 90degrees from the edges that way using the compass on top of it gives more accuracy and guide.

I just have to remember where I set my reference point to measure. I think this discussion has given me more ideas to how to accurately finish this with the tools I have on hand. 

Appreciate the tips and advice 👏🏻👌🏻

I’m using my set square to guide my brush because I’m not cut out for drawing straight lines and my “trees” are partly wet with oils. I pivot it on the painting so that I don’t touch any paint with my hands.

• edited March 18
    manitou said:
    Does the perspective need to be fixed on the lawn?  It looks to me like the painting has the house at the edge of a steep hill, but the photo looks like it's a flat lawn with mowing strips...
    Yeah it is! great observations. It is on a hill but I’m just gonna follow the reference as it is.. just have to add a lake at the bottom corner. As of now I have not touch the lawn was just doing a base coat of bright greens. Right now my main focus is still completing the house. 😬
    manitou
  • edited March 18

I’m using a A3 size print for my reference painting on A0. So according to google it’s about a 283% difference. So let’s say it’s a 1cm measurement on the reference photo, I’d have to paint 2.83cm.

Jotting this down for my own reference and just sharing. :)

I haven’t been painting for a long time so this really refresh some of my memories of architecture drawings.
    dencal

• Marking how far off it is in white chalk pencil.
  • No idea if anyone could see if I progress... I could only do very little Everyday.. 😭
    dencalPaulBtassieguy
  • mavis_swt

Looking great.

Denis

mavis_swt
  • dencal said:
    mavis_swt

Looking great.

Denis

Dencal! Good to see a familiar face/name around 😍 I rushed out some parts to show the client grass is rushed will work on the bricks a bit more😥..

• This is coming together nicely, @mavis_swt:)
    mavis_swt
  • tassieguy said:
    This is coming together nicely, @mavis_swt:)
    Yeah but such a nightmare to start off the painting with someone else. And have different working style I spent so much time “fixing”. Next painting I’m gonna follow the draw mix paint painting method.
  • edited May 10

More details on the roof and brick features of the house, but still working on it. Removed some plants because the client wants it removed. Grass I’m not sure how to make it less muddy looking.. :(

there’s some glare on the left side of the painting when I took the picture.