Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

A Beginner

Mark,
Your new approach looks exciting. I have been thinking about purchasing your original DVDs for sometime now and my son just pointed me to this new site. As a beginner will I be able to get the basics somehow or do I need to start with the original DVDs. From your introduction comments it does not seem so.

Thanks,
Greg

Comments

• All the basics will be covered here soon, and then we'll continue to add videos that cover stuff beyond the basics until we literally can't think of anything helpful that we could possibly add. :)
    Vangie
  • Thanks David

Good to know. BTW can mark offer some advice on "Edges" ... sharp, soft, lost etc?

Denis
  • Edges, that would be a good video to do. Hmmm... If the edge turns - at all - then paint it softer by first painting a transition line against the dark to blend the lighter color into.

An edge that turns would be like the lip of a cup, or the edge of bowl, or a flower stem. An edge that does not turn would be like a flower petal where the flatish petal hits the background. Most edges turn, but when they do not, they should not be painted that way. Sargent was a master at doing both.
    VangieGaryshirley_seputgus
  • Heard someone say to look around in nature and almost every edge is soft....they do look that way to me but then again I am half blind! X_X
  • LizONeal said:

Heard someone say to look around in nature and almost every edge is soft....they do look that way to me but then again I am half blind! X_X

I am blind in my left eye! Edges - an artist's dilemma throughout history.