Canvas size

What size canvas is used for Head & shoulder and Three quarter lenght portraits. Thank You

Comments

• GaryGary -
    edited February 2013
    Mark paints life size and recommends it. So your canvas would be slightly larger than the real measurements of the person....or the part of the person your painting. :) He talks a bit about this in his free video (Painting from photos: sizing prints) and in his portrait video.
  • Thanks, Gary. Do you know the size of the Emily portrait ?
  • GaryGary -
    edited February 2013
    Sorry Bill but I don't. Let's see if we can get an answer from Mark using this post. Are you familiar with using '@"?

@Mark_Carder Mark, please see Bill's question above...thanks!
  • No I wasn`t, thanks for the info.
  • Billj Mark suggest to paint life size or a little bit smaller.
    Maria
    Gary said:

Are you familiar with using '@"?

I wasn't familiar with @ also.
    Thanks for "all" the good explanations you are always very clear ;)
    Maria
    Gary
  • I size my prints as I explain in this video:

The amount of background you put around the person is totally up to you.
  • Thanks Mark, I did realize the video was there, I`m too quick to ask questions. Thank you for all you do.
    Mark_Carder
  • SusieQSusieQ -
    edited February 2013

Gary★★

February 6

Sorry Bill but I don't. Let's see if we can get an answer from Mark using this post. Are you familiar with using '@"?

Ok its going over this old person's head. What does it mean? @ it is usually in an email but how does it work on here? Also how can you post from a precious comment like the one where you mention the @ and under studioania★ where your comment shows in a blue box?
  • Susie......when you put the "@" sign in front of the member's forum name, the software sends them a notification that someone has mentioned them and a little number will appear under your name in the top right of each page so they easily see it. Since I want you to see this note I'm going to use @SusieQ so you get notified. I was wanting Mark to see Bill's note so I used the "@" notification method. Hope this helps..... :)
  • GaryGary -
    edited February 2013
    SusieQ said:

Gary★★

February 6

Ok its going over this old person's head. What does it mean? @ it is usually in an email but how does it work on here? Also how can you post from a precious comment like the one where you mention the @ and under studioania★ where your comment shows in a blue box?

@SusieQ Sorry, forgot to address your question about the "comment shows in a blue box?" If you look at the bottom of any post by a member you see a "Flag" symbol and also a "Quote symbol. If you click on the "Quote (it's in blue letters), that members post appears in your "Leave a Comment" box....just like I did for this reply. Just arrow down to the bottom of the quote and write your comment. :)
  • GaryGary -
    edited February 2013
    @SusieQ Your welcome Susie. If you look at your note above you see where you typed "@ Gary" and it's not in a blue color. That's because you put a space between the "@ and "Gary". To work properly, do not put a space in between the "@" and the member's forum name - see how I typed it using your name? Hope that makes sense. This feature is very handy but takes just a bit to get use to....your doing great! :-bd

By the way, if you click on the little red number that appears under your picture in the upper right of each page, a list of notifications will appear. If you want to go one of those particular notes, just click on the note (not the name of the member who sent it, but on the body of the note).
  • @Gary
    Thanks again Gary. Does it work now? I hope I learn these things. Is there somewhere where it explains all these things? Thanks.
  • @SusieQ Yea! Worked like a charm...good job! I don't know of any place that these are explained. I think it's going to be part of a "FAQ" that Mark and David have on their 'to do' list. If you have any similar questions, there are lots of nice members who will try their best to answer them. :)
  • Gary said:

@SusieQ Yea! Worked like a charm...good job! I don't know of any place that these are explained. I think it's going to be part of a "FAQ" that Mark and David have on their 'to do' list. If you have any similar questions, there are lots of nice members who will try their best to answer them. :)

SusieQ said:

@Gary
    Thanks again Gary. Does it work now? I hope I learn these things. Is there somewhere where it explains all these things? Thanks.

One glitch on this, maybe David understands but each time either of you do this I also get an e-mail notification. I wonder if it is generating off of my first name? :-S
  • @David_Quinn_Carder See note by gfish above.....bug? Bubba-G, I don't get any notifications but one's directed toward me so let's have David take a look.
  • @gfish, I think it's because you've bookmarked this discussion, but I'm not sure. I haven't used the bookmark feature much.
  • Thanks David for taking a look.....I'll try the bookmark feature and see if the same thing happens. @gfish
  • I need to keep on top of my notifications,cI get so many I get behind.