Regarding Strokes and Blending

edited June 2016 in Painting
Hi,
I see a lot of paintings on DrawMixPaint that appear to be smooth and almost photographic. Can anyone let me know if it is alright to leave the paint unblended and let the texture or brushstrokes remain visible or not. Obviously it may not look photographic. Will this be anything opposite to DrawMixPaint method? Photos of a lot of famous paintings shown in Mr. Carder's videos that do not have blended brushstrokes (Painting Ugly & more – Ep.7 Oil Painting Q&A with Mark Carder).
Thanks

Comments

• Sure it's OK. In fact many prefer to paint that way. I love texture.
    Kaustav
  • A pretty painting....is just that. I agree with Denis. Post your work no matter your path or method.
    KaustavNanaBean
  • Sargent painted ugly but from a distance it appears to be realistic.
    His brush stokes were broad and bold but effective. I would say there is no right or wrong when it comes to art. Paint away!
    Kaustav
  • Thanks everyone for the advice! :)
  • Well...that's what I'm striving for. When you have time, watch all Mark's videos. You won't question this once you've done so.
    Boudiccajat
  • I must say that I have watched all the videos a lot of times...even memorized some of lines. I see them everyday. Raising a valid question is the objective of any forum. There is no point in posting rude comments. Clarification is even more important in the field of arts than any other field.
    Well...that's what I'm striving for. When you have time, watch all Mark's videos. You won't question this once you've done so. 
  • edited July 2016
    For what it's worth @Kaustav, HeadingOutside is one of the nicest posters here... While your question was certainly valid, the post quoted was not rude. People here are helpful, encouraging and supportive. The meaning of a comment can get lost in type, perhaps - especially since there are people here from all over the world. That said, in my experience on this forum the first assumption should always be that of good will. Truly.

"Can anyone let me know if it is alright to leave the paint unblended and let the texture or brushstrokes remain visible or not."    Absolutely, yes it is alright.
    KaustavBoudiccajatvalentin
  • Thanks dencal and tassieguy - for your comments. I think I will follow the blended method initially. It may correct some of the mistakes that I make.