Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Wyoming says hello, and so do I!

Hi, Im Ryan Atkins and Im from Casper Wyoming and Im 40. Ive always sketched off and on but about two years ago I picked it up after some rough patches and my art has taken off since. Im currently 130 days into a year long plein air painting a day self challenge and have just now finally transitioned to oil painting about 2 months or so ago, and have had the time of my life so far. I was primarily a pencil artist then I found pastels and then watercolors and lastly a local artist in my town suggested I go for oils and not to look back, so here I am.

Really looking forward to learning literally everything I can about oil, art and history in my quest to become a full time artist, and Im happy Ive found this site through a few Youtube videos Ive used to learn the very basics of oil painting. I look forward to posting my work and learning from my constant mistakes!

Sargents style and ugly painting is what I strive for, love the Impressionist movement!

Not sure if I can post this but heres my website http://www.ryanatkinsart.com/ Note is has a few NSFW Sketches.
[Deleted User]SummerEliza

Comments