Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Drawing Figures

Carderites

Ipad has a neat little app available called ArtPose FE. ($4?)
ArtPose Female Edition is a fun and artistic app for posing the female figure. Create fast and dynamic poses in minutes. Quickly flesh out an ideal pose, then take a screen shot to use in your favorite art apps. 60 preset starter poses make getting started a snap. ArtPose is about keeping you in the moment of creation.
uTube Demo

Denis
Summerparisgarcia

Comments

• Kingston

Thanks.
    I have had a look at this and similar, but I have trouble drawing anything worthwhile in a minute.

BTW The next version of ArtPose will be colored. A male version is available too.

Denis
  • Thank you Denis and thank you @Kingston. I fetched a pencil to draw immediately... it is much better than nothing! Positioning on the paper is easier because of the size of the model already smaller than life... but it is still a good exercise for 'inbetween' moments...
    Thanks!
  • I love life drawing classes. Especially the short time frame. It is amazing what you can accomplish in a few seconds, if you don't stress about it.
    [Deleted User]
  • This is great stuff, thanks Kingston!
  • I'd like to suggest the Croquis Cafe for life drawing, if you can't get to a class. Great still models, and a lot of times poses, both male and female.

RonHop
  • edited July 13
    dencal said:
    Carderites Ipad has a neat little app available called ArtPose FE. ($4?)
    ArtPose Female Edition is a fun and artistic app for posing the female figure. Create fast and dynamic poses in minutes. Quickly flesh out an ideal pose, then take a screen shot to use in your favorite art apps. 60 preset starter poses make getting started a snap. ArtPose is about keeping you in the moment of creation.
    uTube Demo Denis
    i was looking into these kind of 3d apps it seems to be helpful especially with the position variety that can be created, i know this thread is old but is there an recomandation regarding these apps? i also find out when browsing google for reference poses these dolls from https//bodykundolls.com called body kun that claims to save you time and give unlimited positions for references any body bought and tried these?
  • parisgarcia

I just found Phicen Figures a few weeks ago. Pricey but seamless, flexible and anatomically correct.

Recently I‘ve been working through the instruction videos by Brian Proctor. Proctor teaches simple methods to achieve good male and female posed figures from your head.

Proctor is a comic book artist but the techniques are good.

After drawing about thirty figures model figures are not needed.

Denis 

• BOB73BOB73 -
    edited July 13
    You are such a poser. Good information for those you aren't luddites like me. Still very interesting even for the non-technical. Those guys got abs on their abs and the girl (SO9C) is a real doll.
    dencal
  • Folks

ArtPose also has a switchable muscular anatomy, helpful when you need to know where the  :3 bulges and bumps are.

Denis
  • The trouble is I don't know any one built like that. Are there any shaped like pears or beanpoles? 
  • BOB73

If you thought SO9C was special, check out this stunner.

From SpaceArt in Germany 999 euros. I think it is a 1/6 figure.

Denis
    BOB73
  • Heart, smily face, thumb and all the others are not the right emojis for my "response" but thanks. I have that movie on DVD and watch it at least once a year. Misfits too but Some Like it Hot is the best. We had a discussion about a year ago about capturing screen shots. I followed your advice and PaulB's as well but was never able to do it. Some one advised me that it won't work unless you have a printer connected to the computer. I was trying to save it to a stick drive. My computer is an antique now, like me. The next one will have what I need.
  • BOB73

<ALT> <Print Screen> Paste to a new layer in your graphics program. Size, crop etc.

Denis
  • Thanks, tried that too. It was one of the first things I did. It may have something to do with my video driver or again that there is no printer connected. I'm not going to worry too much about it now. too many other good things to paint.
  • BOB73

just in case that wasn’t enough.

Denis
  • She WAS a doll. No question. Thanks for the insights.
    dencal