Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

New Invention - Easiest Drawers Ever!

Folks

Here is Andrew Klein's amazing video of a new way to make drawers and boxes.
You will be able to see the adaptability of this method to painting frames and boxes for freighting your artwork.

Denis
rgr[Deleted User]edwardsome

Comments

• Wow!! That is really nice.
  • Folks

Couldn't you achieve the same outcome by cutting v notches with 45 degree sides resulting in a mitre joint?

Denis
  • Folks

Yes! Check this one minute video using a router mitre bit.

Denis
    [Deleted User]edward
  • dencaldencal -
    edited July 2015
    Kingston

All over Australia we have an organization set up as a community assistance network.
    It is called the Men's Shed. Old classrooms and commercial spaces are converted into fully equipped workshops supervised by retired tradesmen. I can turn up and use the machines safely and under instruction by paying a small membership fee. The members also do lots of good work eg fixing up houses and yards for the destitute or disabled. They also make lots of stuff for sale.

I'm sure Maine will have a similar setup with top of the line router tables and table saws.

Yup! Just checked with Dr Google'
    Men's Groups in Maine - Sons of Maine
    www.sonsofmaine.org/
    The son's of maine is committed to creating a world where we no longer have to lock our doors.

men Meetups in Portland - Meetup
    mens-group.meetup.com/cities/us/me/portland/
    Find Meetups in Portland, Maine about men and meet people in your local community who

share your interests. ... Photo: The Calgary Astronomy Meetup Group.
    The Man Collective - - The Good Men Project
    goodmenproject.com › Ethics & Values
    Aug 23, 2010 - Then, a few years ago I stumbled on “Men's Work,” a men's group in .... I think my participation in my men's group here in Portland Maine has ...

Therapy Groups in Portland - Psychology Today
    groups.psychologytoday.com › ... › Cumberland County › Portland
    Find Support Groups in Portland, Cumberland County, Maine (ME), get help from ... This is a supportive, non-judgemental group for men, women and all kinds of ...

Men's Resource Center of Maine - Portland - Local Business ...
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mens...Center...Maine/186856939660
    To connect with Men's Resource Center of Maine, sign up for Facebook today. ... 'We have available a few spots in the men's group give me a call 207. 'We have ...
    A Men's Project – AMP » Maine

amensproject.com/maine
    Listings are alphabetized by city with: 1. Groups and Projects. 2. Information and Referrals. G R O U P S A N D P R O J E C T S. Community Care. Bangor.

Maine Coast Men
    www.mainecoastmen.net/
    Confidentiality was discussed and it was felt that this should be treated as we do the mailing lists of the weekend as well as the group picture. If men decide to ...
    Community Groups Portland, Maine

www.a2u2.org/community-groups-maine.aspx
    Community Groups Portland, Maine. We have a ... Currently, there are several groups that are active. Men's Group; Ladies' Lunch Bunch · 20's and 30's Group ...
    Don't know if any of these are woodwork oriented?

Denis

• I use this exact Rockler locking miter bit and set up block when making quadralinear posts out of 1/4 sawn white oak for Arts and Crafts furniture projects. It works well but I use a jig to hold the pieces well away from my fingers. There's a Fine Woodworking article from a few years back explaining it. It could work for making drawers as well, but be sure to support the work well.

BTW it is very dangerous to make a zero clearance insert for a table saw the way the first video shows. There should be a sacrificial piece clamped over it when raising the blade.
    Ron[Deleted User]
  • I think I would be lost without my table saw.