Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

It is very likely that I will NOT be teaching anymore classes or workshops after January

Mark_CarderMark_Carder admin
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I have become more and more involved with launching Geneva Fine Art Supplies — finalizing paint formulas, easel designs, and much more. We hope to be open for business in less than two months and I simply will not have time to teach.

I have really enjoyed teaching but it is time to move on to other projects. For the time being I am still taking Online Course enrollments (click here for more info), but I will most likely be taking down the enrollment page in the near future as well.

Comments

• mmm. I was looking forward to a Sargent workshop.
  • @Mark_Carder Do you think that you will be making any more instructional videos?

Whatever you decide, yes or no, good luck to you in this new venture and thanks for all your knowledge and expertise. I've learned so much from your videos, particularly the portrait video. I look forward to trying out Geneva paints when they become available.

Thanks Mark.

MikeO
  • Can't wait for the paints and supplies, I know they will be brilliant! I am so thankful to be in the portrait class in January!! What an opportunity to study painting with Mark. :)
    Mark_Carder
  • @Mark Carder, I am so pleased for you...It has been a while coming ! You (and Liz ?) have achieved so much in such a short time. I still have the empty tubes that you mailed me ... a sort of souvenir. Your passion was always painting , and it still is albeit a support and supply for artists. I hope the business is a roaring success Marie. =D> =D> =D>
    Mark_CarderLizONeal
  • Mark,

Congratulations on your new venture, hope it goes well.

I am glad I got your portrait DVD when I did, I was hoping to make a Sargent workshop but could never workout the logistics. If you ever put a DVD together on Sargent I would be interested. The portrait one is excellent.

Hope everything goes well, your instructional videos and the group you helped put together on this forum have been a big help to me.

Thanks again, and good luck !

Mark_Carder
  • Good luck Mark. I was worried that the Geneva paint had been abandoned as there was little mention of it in recent posts. Can't wait to try it out.
  • I understand how you may be feeling. It was a joy to make my own "linseed oil" and a batch of maroger medium. I also know how it feels to design or make utilitarian objects, almost nothing compares. I tried designing a folding art studio to keep a little terror from killing himself, perhaps you can take it and run with it, based on the fold up bed, hardware easily sourced.
    Are you going to make the paint yourself? That would be rewarding.
    best of luck, i hope this forum stays up.
  • Good luck! and much success!

But sorry for us who have enjoyed what you taught!
  • I would love to see pics of some of the furniture you designed.
  • edward said:

I would love to see pics of some of the furniture you designed.

We'll have pics and videos for each product as soon as they're available for purchase.
  • edwardedward -
    edited November 2014
    That too of course, but I meant the "regular" furniture Mark mentioned in his post further down. Just curious.
  • I made this about 4 years ago. It is rigid as can be, seats 8 and has huge leg room, so no knocking knees on legs.
    rgredwardTattooArtistKaustav
  • Congratulations Mark!!! Can't wait to order new supplies from Geneva - please give us a heads up as soon as possible when we can start ordering. Great news!!!
  • edwardedward -
    edited November 2014
    Love the table. That's why I asked - I really like things that are practical, utilitarian. If done right they are esthetically attractive as well.
  • The computer/printer desk in the studio that I'm sitting at right now, which Mark built, is the best table I've ever used a computer at.
    rgredward
  • @edward - do you have any designs of your own I could see?
  • Thanks for sharing, and thanks for asking, but unfortunately not. Most of my ideas for things like this never get beyond the imagination/visualization stage. I did make a thing at work from a shallow crate (about 18" x 48", 4" depth) by adding 4' legs with castors at the bottom. Ugly and first-drafty, but perfect for storing frequently used tools and supplies in a way that kept them very handy as needed. Way too ugly to show y'all!
  • Thanks for all you have taught me on painting. I have never painted and always wanted to. The last few years I have been very busy taking care of my 96 year old mother that I had to put away all my projects but I was looking forward to taking an on line class. You were my only art teacher and I enjoyed the form and have learned so much from you. Will you still have the videos that we can purchase?? Is there any other artist that teach like you do??
    I want to wish you the best in your new adventure and hope to see you again on the internet. Happy Thanksgiving. I an thankful for the all you have brought into my life. Thank you Mark.
  • Thank you @bjart2 I will continue to sell all my videos and for the time being I am still offering the online course, and may continue to do so for a while.
  • I cannot wait for the paints. Is the medium going to be in it?

Yes, every color will be premixed with it's own medium formulation so that all the colors have the same great working properties. They will also all dry at the same rate of about 8 days.
    jrbgolfsoilpainterAnwarioTattooArtist
  • Yeah man, It sounds awesome! I rather like 1x2s and masonite tops. With corners rounded has a good look to it. Me, I like a curly que here and there. Best to you Mark!
  • Hello, I'm a little confused. I am in the process of setting up my studio for the online course and have bought all the materials and made my palette and shadow box. I was planning on starting the course in Feb, March, April or May - whichever month still had space available. I cannot find the enrollment page and where I need to pay. The link for Marks email [email protected] is not working.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] admin
    edited December 2014
    @Ernesto‌ The enrollment page can be accessed by clicking big "Start the Online Course" button on the drawmixpaint.com homepage. Here is a direct link to the enrollment page:

drawmixpaint.com/classes/online-with-mark.html

To enroll, scroll down on that page and choose a print set you would like to paint from in the course. Under the photo of the print you want to use, click the button that says "click to select month" and choose the month you would like to enroll for. Once you select the month, after a few seconds you will automatically be taken to the PayPal page for payment.

There is currently space in all the months you're considering, so choose whichever is most convenient, and if you need to change it later, that should be fine. :)

The link to Mark's email on the enrollment page is a standard "mailto" link. If it isn't working, it simply means that a default email client hasn't been configured for your browser. I can help you with that if you'd like. But you don't need to use the link to email that address, so in the mean time, if you would like to email him, just send an email to [email protected] (just type or paste the address in the To field of an email like you normally would when emailing someone).
  • Thank you very much David. Much appreciated
  • I am very sad about this! Please consider one in the summer...
  • gusgus -
    edited December 2014
    Just wondering if the online class will be up online with the option not to "enroll" (without Mark's feedback). It seems like such a good structured course even without Mark's involvement. Would hate to see it removed.
    Best of Luck to you Mark!!!!! Donna
  • @gus Yes, the Online Course material will remain online, even if we stop doing enrollments.
  • Any release dates on the paints I can't wait
  • Couple monthsish. :D
  • So glad I was in that first class!! I learned so much!!! That class lead me to the confidence to set down and go on my own. Although with family, other crafts and work it's already been a year! I absolutely can't wait for the store. Will it be all online or at an actual location?