Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Heeeey ya'll, it's Liz Snooky on Da Jersey Shore

I'm here on the Jersey Shore with Garry taking an Abbey Ryan workshop.

I don't often party with Liz ... but when I do.
Liz.jpg 230.1K
Ronna

Comments

• :-h We want to see your finished paintings.
  • edited November 2014
    Ronna,

First of all let me say something about the workshop thing. I credit several people with the level of painting I'm currently at. Though I cannot judge my own work and if it's good, then they get the credit. If it sucks, then the fault is all my own.

I say this because I do not want to seem like I'm promoting someone else's workshop on Mark's forum. I absolutely, positively, believe that anyone seriously wanting to learn to paint should take Mark's workshops (in person, or online) first and foremost - before they do anything else. Even if they decide to do nothing else Mark's expertise and instruction is very important. You could spend a lifetime trying to learn what he can teach so quickly. You can then take that and move on from there. It is Mark who taught me to mix color, draw, and take my painting to a higher level. It is the absolute most efficient and quickest way to get to where any painter might want to get. But as even Mark himself tells you, it's a starting point. So after you can do what Mark teaches, and do it well, then you can press on.

It was from here that a handful of contemporary painters have influenced me. Among them are Abbey Ryan, Hall Groat, Jeff Legg, Julian Merrow Smith, and Morgan Weistling, and a few more. I have taken what Mark teaches and then brought in what I'm learning from those other guys.

So having said all that ... I could not possibly be where I am without Mark. Let me repeat - if you want to learn to paint:

1. Take one or more Mark Carder workshops - preferably in person after maybe doing the free online videos. Second choice is the online workshops.

2. Go from there - explore other artists and workshops and gravitate toward those who move you and your work.

Abbey finishing her demo painting on Day 1. About a 2.5 hour painting at the John Petro Museum in Island Heights, NJ.

Liz's still life. 8 x 6" oil on linen panel

Me signing my finished painting this afternoon.

Asian Pear with Silver Cup
    8 x 6" oil on linen panel

Abbey and me with finished Artichoke painting from day 1

Abbey helping me describe the light a bit better than I had it

CastilloMark_Carder[Deleted User]
  • Here is the artichoke painting. For some reason I couldn't upload it in the previous post.

Artichoke and Berries
    5 x 7"
    oil on linen panel
    CastilloMark_Carder
  • Thanks for showing pictures Garry. You guys must have had a blast. Really nice paintings by both of you.
    garrykravit
  • Garry failed to tell you I was pulling my hair out over him complaining about the room! He had bugs big time and was scared! LOL Hornets were all in the window, one crawling on the floor and a dead fly in his bed! They send two men in to check it out and during some rapid fire Spanish I swear I heard "loco gringo"! :-)
    MeganSMark_Cardergarrykravit
  • edited November 2014
    They said, "Gringa!" "Loco Gringa!"

:)

marieb