Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

New video on mixing paint with medium

GaryGary -
edited January 2013 in Color Mixing
Very nice job on the new video Mark! You offer clear explanations and good examples of how to mix the various paint colors with the slow dry medium (sdm). It's nice to better understand the difference in mixtures between burnt umber and titanium white compared to the other colors. This helps to understand the need for different sdm recipes in the new supply list. I assume if you initially add a bit too much medium, to yellow for example, and after letting the mix sit for 12-24 hours and the paint is to thin, you can then just add a bit more tube paint to bring it back to the right thickness. Thanks for the new video!

Comments

• As I said I'm new ... except for the age!
    It's since the dawn I try to download the new portrait video... God has forgotten my land ... I will finish in a few hours! I've seen all Mark's video also the last.. I hope to get an global idea from the beginning to the end with that one of 4 hours..
    Gary have you seen it? .. B-)
    I saw you ... :^o I'm joking Gary =))
    I think there will also be a section dedicated to this ... please confirm.
    Can you tell me some more about it???... I've read that you have already downloaded it!
    Ciao Maria

MARK THANKS FOR ALL THE VIDEO ^:)^

Maria
    Mark_Carder
  • Gary said:

I assume if you initially add a bit too much medium, to yellow for example, and after letting the mix sit for 12-24 hours and the paint is to thin, you can then just add a bit more tube paint to bring it back to the right thickness. Thanks for the new video!

Yes, but you will need to start in a new jar or other small container. Add the new stiff tube to the new container and then add the too thin paint in small amounts to the the new stiff tube. If you just add the whole new tube right into the thin paint, you may get lumps which are hard to get rid of.

Thanks for the compliment Gary and Studioania!