Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Acrylic artist

Hi, I discovered the Carder Method a few years ago. I've watched Mark's videos to see how I could apply his teaching that is meant for oil paint to acrylics. True you don't have the slow drying time with acrylics like you do with oils, but that doesn't mean you can't get good results with a little modification. What's important is the knowledge Mark shares about mixing paint and how to improve your ability to actually see what is in front of you. That is what helped me the most and took my painting to a new level. I can't follow his method verbatim with the studio set up and haven't yet made a color checker, but this hasn't prevented me from improving my ability immensely. Like he says, you just need to paint, paint, paint. I teach painting to beginners and I tell them there is nothing to be afraid of; it's just paint on canvas. You can only learn by doing.

Comments