Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Looking through my old drawings and 'some' bad proportions

edited September 2013 in Drawing
Some really old stuff really old.. Probably 2008? I feel old now.. D;

Comments

• Kingston said:

We're you a student then?

Yup!! Student back then...

• @mavis_swt, looking over some old posts and came across your drawings...They are brilliant ! If I study drawing I might get to be halfways ok, but I want to paint, hate to give up painting time to draw, but I suppose it would benefit me if I did. Are you a professional artist ? ^:)^
  • marieb
    "hate to give up painting time to draw"
    If you use, say, a soft pastel on newsprint at a figure drawing class, you will be improving;

observation, perspective, foreshortening, composition, edges, proportion, values, lighting, lines and texture.

These drawing skills are the same as painting skills, using a different medium.

Denis
    Martin_J_Craneelenamavis_swt
  • Totally agree, Denis. Nobody ever became a worse painter by learning to draw.
  • @marieb Hey, thanks for your kind words.. those were my school assignments and I don't consider myself a professional artist. Big words to label myself.. haha.. I prefer to be free be anything. :D

@dencal I think those fundamental drawings are good practice.
    dencal said:

observation, perspective, foreshortening, composition, edges, proportion, values, lighting, lines and texture.

These drawing skills are the same as painting skills, using a different medium.

Denis

Agree with what you said :)

@Martin_J_Crane‌ yeah never a worse painter~ :)
    :-B
  • Makes me want to get my old stuff out. I probably should and take decent photos. No cameras on cell phones back then... My college days were back in the "1900's" as my oldest would say. 1997! Very nice drawings. I see you took some design courses too. I chuckled at your perspective "infinity" horizon drawing. I have one like that somewhere!
    mavis_swt
  • MeganS said:

I chuckled at your perspective "infinity" horizon drawing. I have one like that somewhere!

Hahaha.. is it the ones with the buildings? ahh... assignments.. I thought they look odd actually haha..