Hy can you tell me what is wrong with this,I have to present to the college,thanks

Because I don't effort to have life model I been thiking to paint from some draw and I took one model from my book drawing,and I'm not sore about the colours,I try to imagine the skin of the english femal so here is it.What do you think?I have to show this to the college of fine art drawing and painting,what do you think guys,critics please,I know all ready is an disaster but I can't see any more,thanks to anyone :)

Comments

• dencaldencal -
    edited August 2013
    Elena

This appears to be a work in progress so I will offer comments on that basis.

Color range on the skin tones is limited and chalky.

Light direction from the right (assuming a standing model) could be emphasized by a wider color range. Darker darks and lighter lights with less emphasis on white pigment.
    Check some painted nudes on Google for treatment of warm and cool tone distribution.
    Daniel Gerhartz does this beautifully (see photo).

Right forearm too thin (due to a lost edge on the original drawing) compare with left forearm.

A background will also provide some context and depth.

Denis
  • Thanks dencal,i don't want to change anything in the colours,the think is the arms doesn't lock all right and for now i can't tell what is wrong.I know i will see one day what is wrong is just i don't have the time,the inscription to the college is coming,doesn't wait and is for that i been asking here,i will post a better pic. 'cause this is not good :(,sory i have to understand my cam.i working on that :)
    tjs
  • Nothing wrong it is your perception. It is very hard to bring life to an aerial view because it is unnatural. The second image of the woman lying on her side is natural. Than the golden rule (not a big follower) but does draw and keep the viewers attention. The second image you first notice the pose..fluid lines across the canvas..bright flowers to draw you back to the model. An image that keeps you moving. Yours is a target point. You see it and than move away to the pool and than outside and move away.

Describe the emotion you are trying to show or the image itself?

The colors and drawing are yours and how you perceive them the composition is ours and how we perceive your drawing.
    elena
  • elena said:

Thanks dencal,i don't want to change anything in the colours,the think is the arms doesn't lock all right and for now i can't tell what is wrong.I know i will see one day what is wrong is just i don't have the time,the inscription to the college is coming,doesn't wait and is for that i been asking here,i will post a better pic. 'cause this is not good :(,sory i have to understand my cam.i working on that :)

It's okay Elena I don't understand my camera either! Other than the arm like Denis mentioned I think you did great. The color of the skin is wonderful! I think if you painted in a background that was not so dark or just a background it would help as Denis mentioned. But you are the artist so you need to make that decision :)

Overall I think it's wonderful

=D>
    elena
  • Werby thanks very much,I read and re-read your sms and is great now I knowt what will be my bach to the model,thank you so much,lots of hugs :). Tjs thanks very much,am I only me who doesn't like the word artist?when I hear the word artist is just get me mmm,I'nm not feel I'm an artist,that's all,thanks :),hugs :).Robert I don't know that person but when I will be on my pc I will see who is more disaster then me lol,thanks you make me lol :),hugs :)
  • dencal i re-read your sms and now i see what you mean with the right forearm,is that what i was thinking about it but i wasn't sure and i don't like to misure,i evoid to misure,thanks very much,hugs:)