New horse

I was really feeling Frederick Remington and decided to paint this. Couldn’t get the glare on the right side off

Comments

• Lights, camera, action!
    I prefer your portraits to your landscapes, but, having said that, I find drawn to the landscapes in a way I can't explain.   Good action on the horse on the left.   The one on the right is in the historic "horse galloping" stance that painters used pre photography; I presume this was done specifically as a nod to Remington?
    MoleMan
  • toujours said:
    Lights, camera, action!
    I prefer your portraits to your landscapes, but, having said that, I find drawn to the landscapes in a way I can't explain.   Good action on the horse on the left.   The one on the right is in the historic "horse galloping" stance that painters used pre photography; I presume this was done specifically as a nod to Remington?
    Cowpunchers lullaby. One of my favorites got to see it the last time I was in Dallas.
  • toujours said:
    Lights, camera, action!
    Cowpunchers lullaby. One of my favorites got to see it the last time I was in Dallas.
    Lucky you to be able to see it in real life.   Funny, I have never liked the way he painted the near side shoulder of that particular horse.  The rest of the painting is a masterpiece par excellence, it is a pity he let himself down with that one single brushstroke in such a prominent place.  Having said that, I would still love to stand in front of it and soak in the atmosphere he was so gifted in creating.