YInTiCo Red

A new pigment, not sure how useful it will be, but interesting!

A new addition to the Schmincke watercolour range, YinTiCo Red is a brand new pigment made from the rare elements Yttrium, Indium, Titanium, and Cobalt. This combination has produced a blue-tinged red similar to quinacridone magenta but more delicate and less colour intensive. YinTiCo Red is highly granulating and semi-transparent.

https://youtu.be/G9m7kgmIy3k

Comments

• I think the first two elements are somehow related to nuclear physics (those funny chain reactions).

What will be interesting to know too is what are those new cadmium-free pigments offered by W&D and LeFranc&Bourgeois without CI index.
  • I'm guessing this will be too niche to fill a gap in the purple range due to the price and weaker colour. But it probably has very good lightfastness.

The cadmium-free pigments are just blends of other pigments. You can find what some of them contain on DickBlick (but not all)..
  • Richard_P said:

The cadmium-free pigments are just blends of other pigments. You can find what some of them contain on DickBlick (but not all)..
    I did not mean "hues", but the new series 4 (WN) paint they offer since one year or so. Just checked on Dickblick for reds and yellows - nothing about what's inside.
  • edited January 11
    "Hues" or "Cadmium-free" is just a marketing term..

Here is list of Utrecht paints with pigments used:

Cadmium-Free Lemon Yellow – PY184, PW6
    Cadmium-Free Yellow Light – PY184, PY110, PW6, PW4
    Cadmium-Free Yellow Medium – PY184, PY73, PY110, PW4
    Cadmium-Free Yellow Deep – PY184, PY110
    Cadmium-Free Orange – PY184, PY73, PO73
    Cadmium-Free Red Light – PY184, PR112, PR254, PO73, PW4
    Cadmium-Free Red Medium – PY184, PR254, PR101, PO73
    Cadmium-Free Red Deep – PR254, PR101

And here is similar product by Daniel Smith:

Cadmium Yellow Light Hue – PY151, PY53, PY138
    Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue – PY83, PY65, PY53