Pea ridge Arkansas

A few paintings I’ve done of the fields around my house in Arkansas.
whuntadridriDesertsky

Comments

• edited December 2022
    The second of these is superb. The color and texture of the grass and trees give this one an amazingly tactile presence. You got the values right and the brushstrokes describe the forms in a way reminiscent of Van Gogh. The whole thing shimmers and vibrates.  And the composition works for me. It's your best so far. Do more like this one. Well done!  :)

dakmediocreart
  • I also like the second one best. Good job 👍
    dakmediocreart
  • Second and third! :) It seems you are more into andscapes now, and that works well too!
    dakmediocreart
  • edited December 2022
    Thank you all for the comments. Pea ridge is being developed with lots of houses and commercial buildings. It’s become something of a focus to try to paint all of these fields before the nature is gone. This one for instance is now a Wendy’s. 
  • What a great job you are doing.   As Rob says, very reminiscent of Van Gough in the brushwork but also different.   
    The same is happening in my town too.   I have been thinking I must capture some of the hills, before they are irrevocably ruined.
    I think you have done a wonderful job with these.   Is it work recording the gps of each on the back of the painting?
    The only painting that confuses me a bit is the first, with the oblique streak from left to centre.  Is it a cloud?
    dakmediocreart
  • toujours said:
    What a great job you are doing.   As Rob says, very reminiscent of Van Gough in the brushwork but also different.   
    The same is happening in my town too.   I have been thinking I must capture some of the hills, before they are irrevocably ruined.
    I think you have done a wonderful job with these.   Is it work recording the gps of each on the back of the painting?
    The only painting that confuses me a bit is the first, with the oblique streak from left to centre.  Is it a cloud?
    It was a weird shimmer of light that distorted the cloud, I just kind of went with it. Probably should have edited it, several people have been puzzled. The gps is a great idea I haven’t done that, but now I’m going to.
  • toujours said:
    What a great job you are doing.   As Rob says, very reminiscent of Van Gough in the brushwork but also different.   
    It was a weird shimmer of light that distorted the cloud, I just kind of went with it. Probably should have edited it, several people have been puzzled. The gps is a great idea I haven’t done that, but now I’m going to.
    I am glad you translated my typo of "work"  instead of "worth"!!
    The thought just struck me as I read the thread.  Posterity and all that.
  • Agree with others - the second one is very Vincent. I've seen many attempts to emulate him but this is one of the most successful. Every brush stroke is joyously full of paint but the whole, all that texture, shimmers.
    dakmediocreart
  • Agree with others - the second one is very Vincent. I've seen many attempts to emulate him but this is one of the most successful. Every brush stroke is joyously full of paint but the whole, all that texture, shimmers.
    Thank you.