Instagram

Just curious where you guys go to follow what other artists are doing? I've been using Instagram for a while now and I sense there are a lot of artists whose work IG can show, but they seem to insist on giving preference to cute dog videos and tik tok reruns.

Comments

• edited November 18
    I just come here to the DMP forum. The forum has its up and downs, its quiet periods and sudden bursts of activity, but it's the best place I've found for seeing others' work, for getting and giving encouragement and feedback, and for having in depth discussions about the many different aspects of painting.  On Instagram and the social media platforms there doesn't seem to be any real interaction and depth. Maybe it's just me, but I find them rapid-fire but shallow. But lots here use them. I guess it just comes down to what suits you personally but I like discussion as well as pics. 
    dewald
  • Seems like Pinterest is making much better and relevant suggestions for me than IG. I still use both + this forum. That's pretty much it. Curious to see where others go.
    dewald
  • I find youtube to be extremely usefull, i found Mark DMP there but also others sometimes explaining nothing sometimes genuinly explaing and giving great advice.  Best advice however i found here.  :)
    dewald
  • Im on instagram just with my artwork posts and is nice to see other peoples work on there. I also have my own site.
    dewald
  • edited November 18
    I am also on Instagram and would have to know the artist's name if I want to follow them.  I like looking at everyone's work here.  This forum is full of very talented artists and it is a place to get honest feedback and to improve my work.  It's hard to get followers on social media that are not already artists themselves, which does not potentially help with marketing to possible sales clients, though it is good to see their work and be inspired. 
    dewald
  • @A_Time_To_Paint. I agree. I think the target market on IG is different.