Help with my studio setup

I’ve spent the last few weeks trying to figure out the ideal studio setup in my very small apt. The pictures attached show the best I’ve come up with, but my shadow box is now filled with light from the studio lights. I know the box itself is too tall for my setup right now, but it seems like a lot of light still gets in when i play around with lowering the “roof.”

Any recommendations for how I should work around this are appreciated.

Comments

• Nice studio. To stop light getting into the shadow box you would either need to get rid of that bright light on the wall above the curtains at upper left or reposition your shadow box. Does the light need to be pointed at that section of wall above the curtains? It's from there that you are getting reflected light flooding into the shadow box. You could point the light away from that area or you could paint it black or hang some black fabric there if you can't move the light that's pointed up there.  It's a nice setup. You just need to redirect that light. 
  • tassieguy said:
    Nice studio. To stop light getting into the shadow box you would either need to get rid of that bright light on the wall above the curtains at upper left or reposition your shadow box. Does the light need to be pointed at that section of wall above the curtains? It's from there that you are getting reflected light flooding into the shadow box. You could point the light away from that area or you could paint it black or hang some black fabric there if you can't move the light that's pointed up there.  It's a nice setup. You just need to redirect that light. 
    The lights are mounted on the ceiling. So they can only be aimed either straight down from the ceiling or horizontally from a wall. Just to make sure I understand: I should put something black around the wall with the window on it?
  • Yes, that way the light will be absorbed rather than reflected back at your shadow box. Or, if you can't point the light in another direction away from that wall, take the light bulb out.
  • A simple solution would be to rotate the shadow box 45 degrees counterclockwise and move its table left so you would turn your head 90 degrees left to view the shadow box.
  • I prefer to extend the top the the shadow box (kind of like the front of a baseball cap) and set my easel so that I can look at both the scene and my painting at the same time (maybe at a bit of an angle like 15 degrees)
    KingstonFineArt