Maybe the most atypical oil painting you've seen in a while

Painting title: Welcome home!
Author: me
Size: 31.4 x 31.4 inches
Medium: oil on canvas
I would like you to tell me what art movement comes to your mind when you first look at this painting. Any other opinions and pieces of constructive criticism are welcome.

Comments

• Lucian

This is a comic cartoon style, mostly done with flat acrylic. Often seen in illustrations for family planning.
    At 31x31in the artist is elevating the image to pop art. I don’t think the image succeeds on any level.

Denis
    tassieguy
  • @Lucian, maybe it’s your own personal future art movement - should you choose to pursue it. 

Happy pregnant mom and kids welcoming dad home is extremely atypical these days in art and reality. 

Congratulations if this is your family greeting you and it’s not just a figment of your imagination with reality beyond one of those other doors.
    Lucian
  • Suez said:
    @Lucian, maybe it’s your own personal future art movement - should you choose to pursue it.
    Nah. I'm just experimenting with different styles. I really wanted to try some cartoon pop art, and I wanted to incorporate the idea of communication via emoticons, as a reference to the era of digital communication that we are currently passing through.