Largest painting you've ever made

What size was the largest canvas you ever painted? Do you still have the painting? Feel free to share a photo of it if it's not too much trouble. :o

Comments

• I find the attention to detail in this painting inspiring. B) So many branches and twigs, such an interesting pattern on the rocks! How long did you work on this piece?
  • Lucian

1.3m x 1.3m or 51.2 in x 51.2in it is a study/copy of something I found on the net. I am not free to post on the Forum due to copyright provisions. It is a pointillist head of Elvis planting a kiss on a girl’s cheek.

Here is the original by Denise Landis. 

Denis
    Lucian
  • Nice work! The reflections are spot on. What made you decide to paint this image on a larger canvas?
    MichaelD
  • Thank you @Lucian.

Having only done works half that size and less I just wanted to try a bigger piece, I think it also suited the subject to do it large.
    dencal
  • edited July 27
    Lucian said:
    I find the attention to detail in this painting inspiring. B) So many branches and twigs, such an interesting pattern on the rocks! How long did you work on this piece?
    Thanks, @Lucian.

It took about 3 weeks painting every day. 

BTW, With this one you need to zoom in to fully appreciate so, right click and select open in new tab.  :) 
  • edited July 27
    @MichaelD, I've always loved that car painting. It's up there with your very best. My first car  was a Falcon like that but not a convertible. :)
    MichaelD
  • edited July 27
    @tassieguy,
    Thanks Rob, it is one I am very proud of.

Its great that you used to own one.  :)
  • IMHO @MichaelD, Your painting of the Falcon is outstanding! I too would be extremely proud to have executed such a beautiful painting.
    I know I have so much to learn about art, it can be so subjective I guess. What resonates as quality with some may not with others. But skill can usually be recognized more uniformly.
    @tassieguy, I think your painting is also outstanding and would be also very proud to have produced it. I hope you can sell it for a very high price, maybe $7,500 or more! :)

• Thanks very much, @whunt. I'd be over the moon if I get that much for it.  :)
    whunt
  • Thank you so much @whunt for your kind words.

I too still have so much to learn, in many ways thats the beauty of it because we will never stop learning  :)

You are so right about objectivity, the old `whatever floats your boat` is so different for us all and unique to the individual.

I recall that I kind of obsessed when working on this piece, but it helped demonstrate to myself that I can push to do better. I find often with a painting I can satisfy myself that what I had done is good, or `that will do`. When really its better to push yourself to do your best. 

:) 
    whunt
  • Largest oils was done in 1974 it was 60 in x 36 in. It was a Pop Art assignment of a almost 5 ft 7-up bottle. I sure wish I had a picture of it. Hard to believe it would be almost 50 yrs old!
    My teacher wanted to sell it to a local restaurant and I wanted to keep it. It hung in my parents house for years, my dad liked it. 
    I’ve totally lost track of what happen to it.  I seem to remember removing the canvas from its brace to store it.  
    Wow hadn’t thought of that in a while , lol .. thanks @Lucian
    AbstractiontassieguyLucian
  • 137.8 x 91.4cm (54" x 36"). Large portrait, still going.
  • Largest oils was done in 1974 it was 60 in x 36 in. It was a Pop Art assignment of a almost 5 ft 7-up bottle. I sure wish I had a picture of it. Hard to believe it would be almost 50 yrs old!
    My teacher wanted to sell it to a local restaurant and I wanted to keep it. It hung in my parents house for years, my dad liked it. 
    I’ve totally lost track of what happen to it.  I seem to remember removing the canvas from its brace to store it.  
    Wow hadn’t thought of that in a while , lol .. thanks @Lucian
    Do you intend to make any more large paintings in the near future?
  • no I don’t think so … actually the last few years I had stuck with small canvases but my newest was 18 in x 24 in which I’d like to stick with for a while. 
    What about you? @Lucian