Geneva Easel

I was browsing YouTube the other day and I saw this. Glenn Beck has a Geneva easel. Apparently he paints. Strange things. 
allforChrist

Comments

• CBGCBG -
    edited July 16
    I was browsing YouTube the other day and I saw this. Glenn Beck has a Geneva easel. Apparently he paints. Strange things. 
    You paint.  
    YouTube found a video for you,
     and in it is someone else who happens to paint.  What’s strange about that?
  • Good to see that Mark's products are selling widely. 
    CBGallforChrist
  • CBGCBG -
    edited July 16
    I have actually been subscribed to Chelsea Lang, a painter on Youtube, for over a year now, and only this morning did I see on Youtube this video of her putting together her Geneva Studio Easel 2 years ago!

Who here has one or knows someone who has it?

tassieguy
  • edited July 16
    I would have liked Mark's big studio easel but they didn't ship to OZ back when I started so I made the one Mark shows how to make in his video. It works well. I'd love to get Mark's big easel now that they do ship to OZ but the lack of space and low ceiling in my studio wouldn't allow me to use it properly. When I move again next year I'll have a bigger studio that will accommodate it so I'll will get it then. I can't wait. 
  • @KingstonFineArt, news to me. Didn’t know he paints. Surprising how technically well he’s doing as he’s just started according to web news reports. He also is said to be a collector of some great artist’s works - like Winslow Homer.

Check out the tizzies the online critics are throwing. They have a strange way of welcoming new artists into “their” community.

For instance …

"Art Industry News : We Regret To Inform You That Glen Beck Is An Artist Now, and His Paintings Are Just As Bizarre As You Suspected.” 

Maybe they should take a look at themselves and what they think not only is not bizarre but high art.  I took a peak and am not too impressed with their savvy.

The easel looks handsome and rock steady even on wheels. Nice to see how it looks with an enormous canvas mounted. 
  • Here is the link to the easel and a video:

https://genevafineart.com/collections/all-items/products/geneva-studio-easel

I really wish I had a studio or even just room for that thing!  Looks amazing!

@tassieguy I notice, it looks like they dont ship to Australia...  

and BTW Which video are you talking about WRT your own home made easel?

• @CBG, it's this one: how to make a great artists' easel - YouTube

It's easy to make, the materials are inexpensive and you need minimal tools.  It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the big new studio model but it's great for someone who is  just starting out who wants an economical easel that works and that they can make themselves. 

• CBGCBG -
    edited July 16
    Thanks @tassieguy I remember seeing that video a long time ago.

It's giving me some ideas...

Do you still use it?  What are its drawbacks/weaknesses?
  • edited July 17
    Cheers, @CBG.

I'm disappointed to learn that they don't ship the easels to OZ. 

I still use the one I made following Mark's instructions but only as a spare when I have two paintings going at the same time. I bought a studio easel with wheels because, although the old one is not very heavy, I'm not getting any younger and have lower back issues and so I needed something on wheels that I could easily push around the studio. It was only when I got it home I realized I would not be able to use it to it's full height in my low-ceilinged studio and so I've had to work out ways of using it with my big canvases. 

But I would still recommend the one Mark shows how to make. It's great for someone who's just starting out and who hasn't got a lot of money to spend on a commercially available studio easel.