Sisters

Did this commission of a neighbour's two Granddaughters,  two different photos incorporated into the one canvas, oil painting on a 20 x 18 inch linnen canvas, glad to say the neighbour was happy with the end result. 
ArtGalheartofenglandGTOallforChristMarinos_88RUESGAGary_Heath

Comments

• How cute … I’m sure the grandparents are thrilled.  My daughters art teacher years ago did a charcoal portrait  of her and I still treasure it.  
  • How cute … I’m sure the grandparents are thrilled.  My daughters art teacher years ago did a charcoal portrait  of her and I still treasure it.  
    Thanks Joydscenes, yes they were delighted so much so they paid more than agreed but the joy they showed would have been only the reward needed.
  • Nicely done.

Did you take the source photos and what were the main challenges?
  • Nicely done.

Did you take the source photos and what were the main challenges?
    Thanks, no the grandma gave me 2 separate photos, the main challenges were getting it as exactly as possible. 
  • A thought for next time . . . arrange your subjects/composition so they touch or overlap or face different directions or face each other.  In other words, fill the gap between them.  It will make your work more interesting.
  • broker12 said:
    A thought for next time . . . arrange your subjects/composition so they touch or overlap or face different directions or face each other.  In other words, fill the gap between them.  It will make your work more interesting.
    Thanks for the comments,  the person who wanted it painted supplied the photos so they weren't facing in different directions and she wanted them that way, that said! I can take on board about space, composition etc