Is it possible to add the darks/ mid-tones that I missed when the painting is dry?

Hello fellow artists,
I have attached a picture of my source photo, and what I have painted. This is a portion of a larger piece I am attempting and is a work in progress.
I have color checked and I am starting to feel lost specifically with the girl on the paddleboard in the photo. 
How would you go about painting the girl? When it comes to the subtle transitions in the skins color and values, I find myself having no clue what color I am actually mixing...
Stepping back, I can tell my colors and values are off. Especially in the water. I got carried away and it's a habit I am learning to break.
I feel like I really tried painting the leg identical, but it looks like something out of a videogame or Pixar movie. Far from realism. I need that darker orange in the left arm leading up to the shoulder (our left)
Still some foundation showing because I wanted to stop before ruining it completely. 
Is this salvageable? 
I know that flesh tone isn't necessarily a thing, and it is about asking yourself the 6 questions, but like I said I feel lost with what colors I am actually mixing when it comes to flesh.
Is it possible to add the darks/ mid-tones that I missed when the painting is dry?
Thank you for taking a look and any feedback you give! -Talor
(I'd be happy with feedback on anything else you see besides the girl)

dencal

Comments