Some April pieces...

Some recent pixels to look at. I've been having fun with color.


The Rogaland, 12"x24"



Quality Street, 12"x12"



Chicago Pencil Sharpener, 9"x12"



Felix and the Loon, 12"x12"

Richard_PCBGArtGalMioGTORUESGAMichaelDJan_DtassieguyMarinos_88dencalGary_Heathvartikasinha

Comments

  • All fabulous, @PaulB. I love them all but, if I had t pick a favorite, I'd go with the multicolored sweets. It's so realistic and yet quite abstract. You could turn it upside down and it would still work. :)
    PaulBGary_Heath
  • Wow Paul! These are amazing.. I also love the sweets. You're getting better and better!!

    I'm really impressed :)
    PaulB
  • They are all good, but the pencil sharpener does it for me.   That rust is excellent.
    Funnily enough, although there is lots to look at, I find the landscape the least interesting of them all.  That probably says more about me than it does your work!
    PaulB
  • These are all amazing.  Can't possibly decide which one I like best.
    PaulB
  • Like them all, with Felix my favorite. Love the way the pinks are contrasted by the deep blues in the background. Impressive work. 
    PaulB
  • Each is more brilliant than the last .. wonderful work!


    The third one is exactly my theme, the last one too.
    PaulB
  • These look great.  What paint did you use to get the purple for Felix?  The key in the desk looks odd to me because it looks like it is sticking out of the top of the desk.  
    On the Chicago painting I can see the brush marks from when you gessoed the ACM panel, but I can’t see that in any of he other paintings.?  
    The Candy painting is very cool, but I think the Chicago and Felix paintings are the best.
    PaulB
  • As a balance to @GTO commenting on the key in the desk.....I don't think it looks odd at all.   I Love it!!  It is fun, quirky and I just wish I had a table made from a door with a key in the lock in real life.    I would make house room for one any day!
    PaulB
  • Amazing work!! I love them all specially the pencil sharpener it brings back memories!!!
    PaulB
  • Lovely work @PaulB, I particularly like the harbour scene and the Quality street one is top realism.

     :) 
  • These paintings are quite remarkable.  

    Excellent work.  How you achieved the texture on Felix is amazing...
  • I love them all! Very impressive!
  • PaulBPaulB mod
    tassieguy said:
    You could turn it upside down and it would still work. :)
    Thank you. I agree, but was relieved when the framer got it the right way up.

    Richard_P said:
    I also love the sweets.
    Thank you. "Paint what you love". :smile:

    toujours said:
    They are all good, but the pencil sharpener does it for me.   That rust is excellent.
    Funnily enough, although there is lots to look at, I find the landscape the least interesting of them all.  That probably says more about me than it does your work!
    That's my favorite too, it was fun to paint. Regarding the landscape, I think your preference parallels the fact that a show juror has preferences and helps explain why something does or does not get into a show. Two of the above were rejected from shows. Two accepted, one award. You never can tell.

    These are all amazing.  Can't possibly decide which one I like best.
    ... and you don't need to. Thank you for the feedback.

    whunt said:
    Like them all, with Felix my favorite. Love the way the pinks are contrasted by the deep blues in the background. Impressive work. 
    Thank you for spotting the deep blues. I tried to make them so subtle you can't quite perceive them, but not subtle enough. The Felix painting is all about textures, it was fun to attempt.


    Mio said:
    Each is more brilliant than the last .. wonderful work!


    The third one is exactly my theme, the last one too.
    Thank you! I love still life, but the landscapes sell better. Ah well.


    GTO said:
    These look great.  What paint did you use to get the purple for Felix?  The key in the desk looks odd to me because it looks like it is sticking out of the top of the desk.  
    On the Chicago painting I can see the brush marks from when you gessoed the ACM panel, but I can’t see that in any of he other paintings.?  
    The Candy painting is very cool, but I think the Chicago and Felix paintings are the best.
    That's Old Holland Magenta, and Gamblin Radiant Magenta.

    The key is actually in the front of a drawer, turned on its end to make a more interesting setup with a distraction, the key. It needed something over there.



    The brushmarks on the oil ground are indeed more visible on the pencil sharpener. I've been experimenting with coats of ground. Thanks for the feedback.

    RUESGA said:
    Amazing work!! I love them all specially the pencil sharpener it brings back memories!!!
    Thank you! I can smell the pencil sharpener when I look at it.

    MichaelD said:
    Lovely work @PaulB, I particularly like the harbour scene and the Quality street one is top realism.
    Thank you! Can you tell i like getting lost in details?

    These paintings are quite remarkable.  

    Excellent work.  How you achieved the texture on Felix is amazing...
    Thank you! Felix is just lots of little brush dabs.

    adridri said:
    I love them all! Very impressive!
    Thank you!
  • @PaulB the "Quality Street, 12"x12" is class, that's my favourite. Bloody friking hell that's a tough to paint subject 😂. You should try to sell prints of that painting. 
    Excellent sir
    Gary_Heath
Sign In or Register to comment.