Yet another thread about talent

Actually, for a laugh. I've read long time ago about a chimpanzee who painted. Now, what about porky art?

http://pigcasso.org/gallery.html
ArtGaltassieguy

Comments

• edited April 19
    On a visit to Thailand I watched elephants paint. They handled the brush quite nimbly with their trunks and used a variety of colours to produce works that wouldn't look out of place in galleries specializing in abstract art. I have no idea how much the elephants understood about why they were doing this. With the right reinforcement, you can train animals to do just about anything they are physically capable of doing. But that doesn't mean they understand what they are doing or why they are doing it.
  • Would be interesting to see what kind of works those were. But those above make me think, one must be Cy Twombly to get reincarnated into a pig. (I do not mean that as an offense, as pigs are nice animals, but as a joke, although I feel nothing but disgust towards his work. Saw one piece in person.)
  • edited April 20
    The elephant paintings I saw and the pig paintings in the video you linked to would look right at home among Twombly's. I don't like to be overly critical, and I'm sure some people like his work, but they just don't do it for me.