Geneva brush holder height

Hi,

I can not find the dimensions of the Geneva brush holder online . 
If you have one , would you please let me know how tall it is?
Thank  you so much 
annie 

Comments

• If you are planing on making your own, you can design it to suit your build and studio furniture.  I build stuff custom for my own needs.  If I buy something that is fine too, but I generally will do it custom if I am making it myself.

He has a brush holder video,

The two advantages over the simple one are that it has built in slope, and a small footprint.  The small footprint comes from elevating the brushes above everything else he keeps on the table, and in his studio the largest item the brush holder clears is his brush dip, the 32 oz bottle.  But if you don't have a table, but a stand, or have only small items on your table, you don't need as high a stand. In his setup, his palette easily clears his knees, and brush holder seems an inch or two above the palette.

You can see how he is set up here, around 4:00:

So that is why I would design it all to give me the functionality I need, based on my body size, furnishings, and other things.

• @TamDeal

It looks like he has it on the table , yeah .
    I wish it was on a stand .

No I don’t plan making my own . 
    Thank  you so much for writing all that !
    annie
  • @Annie

I picked up this little ornamental thingie form a second hand shop (or you might call it thrift store).
    I dont know what its meant to be but I gave it a purpose in life and I find it to be a mighty fine brush holder.

I dont have this many brushes on it when im painting and its good to lay them on it when they have been cleaned.

tassieguyAnnie
  • @MichaelD
    Thats so cool . It looks like one of those foot massager thingies. Does it roll ?

I am looking for something that I don’t need to put on a table . About as high as the knees “ grab ready “. 
    I will keep my eyes open at the second hand store . Thanks for sharing . Nifty .
    MichaelD
  • edited September 30
    Annie said:
    @MichaelD
    Thats so cool . It looks like one of those foot massager thingies. Does it roll ?

I am looking for something that I don’t need to put on a table . About as high as the knees “ grab ready “. 
    I will keep my eyes open at the second hand store . Thanks for sharing . Nifty .

Yea those round things are lose, which makes it handy for securing different size brushes as there is a bit of give.
    I can see why you would think its a foot massager thingie, but I dont see why it would need the flat base, which seems to be made of shell, or maybe its bone  :#

“As high as the knees” reminded me of that saying ~ `Knee high to a grasshopper`.

Though you will want yours higher than a grasshoppers knees.

:) 
  • @MichaelD

you need the flat base to put it on the floor😁.

Also: how big a grasshopper are we talking ?
    Because these knees might just be tall enough 

• edited October 1
    It would go on the floor fine without it as it is like a frame in shape and the wooden sides left and right are very robust.
    I recon its maybe a little thingie for placing trinkets in.

Oh my, I wouldn’t like to meet one of those grasshoppers  :)
  • Trinkets .. like your toes ? 

No, me neither :that’s one scary bug. It’s bigger than my dog !!

I wish there was a paint brush holder that’s higher. 
    I also wish you could just purchase a shadow box at shoulder height when you sit down.
    I got a clip on brush holder on my easel but it is kind of sucky. 
    Wishes , wishes . 
    Perhaps I should fabricate one and sell it and take over the world … 
  • Annie

also wish you could just purchase a shadow box at shoulder height when you sit down.

Buy a cheap bookshelf at IKEA $AU85 and put it on a folding table $AU35.

Lifetime 1M Essential Folding Table

Leave out the middle shelf and divider.

Or

Build a collapsible PVC tube frame with black cloth cover that you can place on a table.

Denis
    ArtGal
  • @Annie

Is that a bit like Twinkle toes  :)

I once saw a rat the size of a small rotund dog, yuk.

Denis has posted some good furniture ideas there.

But yea, you can make stuff too.

I have some large-ish pieces of black foam board that I often use as a make shift shadow box.

And yes, if theres a need for a specific, why not make it.

You could corner the gaping chasm that presently exist in the market for knee high brush holders.

:) 

• @MichaelD

I can not be the only one wanting this ? 
  • edited October 1
    @Annie

Of course,

but there is bound to be an easy solution for your needs, hence, I think, Denis`s suggestions of various pieces of furniture.

I usually stand when I paint so I guess my palette is around waist height, or a little higher.

I have it on a wooden trolly (along with my other painting paraphernalia) for ease of moving about.

Through equally I find it an ok height for when I’m occasionally sitting on my tall-ish wooden stool 
  • @MichaelD

Oh my.. I didn’t see that furniture response from Denis! 😬😳.
    I can not stand for longer than 15 minutes so I have to sit .. 
    Well, I suppose everyone has their own needs, limitations ( also where it comes to space ), etc.
    I figure when I keep looking and asking , someone who paintings sitting down will have the perfect idea!

There are some excellent mentions in this thread , thank you very much .

Sincerely, 
    Grasshopper 
    MichaelD
  • @dencal

I am so sorry : somehow I missed your response !
    That is great , thank you so much . 
    I know they have these cubes separately too.
    Much appreciated.
    Annie 
    dencal