Oil Paint Sale

I know we all try and get Mark's Geneva paint when we can but there are some that find it difficult to get hold of so I thought I'd let people know that Jacksons is having an oil paint sale this week if you need to stock up and save a bit of money.
I'm actually interested in trying out some water mixable oils to see what they are all about. They are also doing alkyd oils and oil bars and sticks but unfortunately not mediums or varnishes which would have been nice.

Comments

• Cobra is supposed to be good, and Jacksons has that.  Charlie hunter has some good videos on Cobra.  His style is unorthodox, so it doesn't particularly make a case for everyone else's needs.  I have some Cobra, but have not tried them yet,
  • I used Cobra, it's good. Some colours are weaker than artist grade paints, but they are correspondingly cheaper.
  • He has his own channel as well

• TamDeal said:
    Cobra is supposed to be good, and Jacksons has that.  Charlie hunter has some good videos on Cobra.  His style is unorthodox, so it doesn't particularly make a case for everyone else's needs.  I have some Cobra, but have not tried them yet,
    Yes Charlie Hunter is the one that peaked my interest, I love his work and his sense of humour.
  • @TamDeal, I am indebted to you for the link to Charlie Hunter.   I was not familiar with him.  What a character,  I have been in stitches laughing at some of his comments in that video.  You have made my evening.  Thanks.
  • Good news, he is fun, and when he finally gets down to it one can see the influence of all his drawing.

I got the squeegee the other day.  I am as interested in a good squeegee with replaceable rubber as anything else.  I also have a dollar store bath squeegee, that I cut to a more reasonable size to try out on the panel size I use.  I also bought 2 small silicon spatulas and a cake knife, for innovative mark making.  LOL.
  • TamDeal said:
    Good news, he is fun, and when he finally gets down to it one can see the influence of all his drawing.

I got the squeegee the other day.  I am as interested in a good squeegee with replaceable rubber as anything else.  I also have a dollar store bath squeegee, that I cut to a more reasonable size to try out on the panel size I use.  I also bought 2 small silicon spatulas and a cake knife, for innovative mark making.  LOL.
    Yes, he uses some intriguing items.  I like the ingenuity and experimentation, and tend to work a bit the same way myself.  He has taken it further than I have so far dared.
    I am already a fan of cotton buds, but I don't bite the end off in quite the same fashion!  I have taken to making my own cotton buds from a bamboo skewer and bits of cotton wool.  That way you can have just the right amount of thickness.
    His take on paper towels was interesting too.
    I will be keen to see how you get on with the squeegee and cooking utensils.  Painting a cake, or baking a painting??