Good morning gentle folk,
I am starting with oils and DMP. I am not a “painter” like many here.
This is hard! I imagine it’s a similar feeling to someone learning to cook for the very first time.
The hard things so far (and I am enjoying it all!)
- Drawing with proportional divider
- Holding my arm up with that divider for so long!
- Mixing medium into paint - I made it too thin and had to go back
- Not making a mess of the bedroom corner where I set up my ahem “studio”
- Mixing colors - orange is hard, dark orange is hard.
- Not making a complete mess of my palette
If you forgot what beginners mind is like, it’s exhausting and also exhilarating!
I will share progress. Be well.