Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Comments

• Very illustrative. Excellent tight 'greeting'.
  • edited May 24
    Amazing trompe l'oeil
  • wow.. this seems to be such a difficult subject.. but you've painted it so well... looks great!
  • Awesome. I’m just trying to understand what it is. Obviously it’s newspaper and tape but is it supposed to be a package wrapped in the news? Excellent draftsmanship btw. 
  • edited May 24
    That was exactly my first response to the painting, @HondoRW - What is it? Yes, we see an accomplished trompe l'oeil with newspaper and yellow tape on a flat surface but ... I dunno, maybe we are supposed to just enjoy it as an abstract arrangement of form and colour made by the illusion of 3D newspaper and yellow tape on a 2D surface. Maybe the puzzles indicate that we should be puzzled about it.

I find it hard to respond to this in any meaningful way. As far as I can see, there are no hints in the newspaper text that it's about anything other than itself.  All I can say is that it's an accomplished trompe l'oeil. Maybe that is all it's about and no more can or needs to be said. If so, that's fine. We can make of it what we will. I think it's impressive as a trompe l'oeil
    HondoRW
  • Superb tromp l’oell
    It is a puzzle wrapped up in an enigma.  😀