Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Comments

• edited May 12
    Size? Media? Finished or still work to do? Are you happy with it? If not, then why not?

You need to give us more info, @FredSantos, if you want meaningful feedback. 

What I can say for now is that it looks unfinished but, yes, I see a dog. The left eye is great. I like the colour and your drawing and brushwork are lively. But let us know more about the work and what you are trying to achieve..  :)
  • @tassieguy, sorry. Just started yesterday. It's oil. When get back home I'll see the size and post here the information. And I'm very happy till now.
    tassieguy
  • So far, your values look great. I love the big shapes and confident brush work. Keep it up 
    FredSantos
  • I like what you’re doing so far.  Keep going.
    FredSantos
  • I don’t need any more info to know I like what you’re doing a lot.  The painting speaks for itself. 
  • edited May 14
    The reason I asked for more information is because it is not always clear whether a person wants feedback or not. Also, it is not always clear whether the painter is aiming for realism (which is what DMP is about) or trying to do something else (which is fine with me). Telling us the medium used, the size, whether working from a photo reference or from imagination etc is useful when trying to provide helpful feedback to those who want it. When a painter just plonks a painting down here without any information it's difficult to know what to say except things like "Wow!", "I like it.", etc which can sound like mere back slapping rather than useful critique. Most of the time, if a painting has problems and a person has not asked for critique and provided information about what they are trying to achieve there'll just be silence which is not helpful either. So, I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask people to provide a little information about their WIPs and to say whether they want feedback or not.  :)
    MichaelDFredSantos
  • @tassieguy no problema 🤣🤣🤣🤣 It's perfect ok to ask me. 
    tassieguy
  • What a cute dog! He/she looks so bright eyed and intelligent. Good photo, too. :)
  • If he was a working dog, I would say he had a "keen eye".    You have captured him well, so far.    Any further work been done on this painting?
  • edited June 9
    Wow. The drawing looks great. Did you draw it yourself? How long did it take? I also want to draw my dog on canvas, but I don't know how to take a diluent for oil paints. There is an alcohol-based diluent and an oil-based diluent. Which one is better to take? I would like to depict my dog sleeping on my bed. I hope I won't be judged now. It's just I read at https://www.oodlelife.com/should-i-let-my-dog-sleep-in-my-bed/ that many owners forbid their dogs to sleep together with them in the same bed. Thus, the dog will feel that it is on a par with the owner, which is wrong. Despite this, I like it when my dog sleeps in my bed.