Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Most recent painting

The Hotel Spanish Arch.  I finished this painting today.  It is a streetscape inspired by a photograph taken by my old friend, Mac McDonnell.  The location is in Galway Ireland and it is Christmas time.  Note that there are no cars.  It is a pedestrian only zone.  Also note that most of the people are walking away from the viewer.   I’m grateful for my collaborations with Mac.  I get to see parts of the world I may never see in person.  Spoiler alert, there are more collaborations with Mac to come..

Oil on 16X20 inch canvas.  A variety of oil paints and mostly Silverstone brushes.
tassieguyRoxyHondoRWForgivenessGTOEJCcustoms

Comments

• Beautifully painted. Great photo.  :)
    hjgalbraith
  • Thanks, tassieguy.  I’ve spent a fair amount of time learning to photograph my paintings.  Most of my sales are prints and photography is very important in that space.

tassieguyHondoRW
  • This is great. I’m the one who has painting envy now🙂. I’d like to hear more about how you photograph for prints. I’ve had a couple of requests for giclees and I’ve never even sold a painting yet. I just got into a gallery for the first time a couple of months ago but my paintings are currently relegated to the back room. Nothing to brag about. 
  • HondoRW, thanks for the compliment.  I don’t know that my prints are Giclee level, but they look great.  I use Artspan as my site host and they do my prints.  My camera may not have the resolution that would provide the kind of resolution (750 dpi or greater) that is associated with Giclee.  I use a Canon EOS Rebel T2i.  My lighting is a pair of 5000k 9x13 inch LED panels with linear polarization filters.  I use a circular polarization lens filter.  I use RAW camera settings and use white balance both with the camera and with Adobe Lightroom.  I clean up any remaining glare spots with Photoshop.  From there I upload the image to GalbraithArts.com through the Artspan control site.  Hope that is helpful.