Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Oil on canvas 20x50

Blocked this in today. Painted from life, with minimal color checking. To fiddle or not to fiddle, that is the question. 

A_Time_To_PainttassieguyCBG

Comments

• edited March 21
    There's some nice painting in the objects, @geoffrey_38.

The glass and the copper vessels are well done. And the surface on which they stand  and the reflection therein are very good.

I find that long thin format a little problematic - the objects seem to want more space. You can't do anything about the width but I think lopping a couple of inches of the top and bottom would improve the picture. But that's just personal taste and others might think differently. If you were going to fiddle with the objects some more what did you have in mind to do?  :)
  • Nicely done.  There is no doubt what the focal point is in your painting.  If this is just a blocking in, it's really good.  Are you looking to add more detail and contrast?  
  • tassieguy said:
    There's some nice painting in the objects, @geoffrey_38.

The glass and the copper vessels are well done. And the surface on which they stand  and the reflection therein are very good.

I find that long thin format a little problematic - the objects seem to want more space. You can't do anything about the width but I think lopping a couple of inches of the top and bottom would improve the picture. But that's just personal taste and others might think differently. If you were going to fiddle with the objects some more what did you have in mind to do?  :)
    Thanks Tassieguy. My neighbor had some spare canvas' so thought would be good for practice. 

I could tell you the reason for the composition and series I am basing my work on, but that would place into you what I want you to think. Appreciate the positive and negative comments. :) 
  • It seems to me that the stopper on the rear bottle is off someway.  I could be wrong about that.  My vision isn't what it ought to be.  You might check it out though. You're off to a good start.
  • It seems to me that the stopper on the rear bottle is off someway.  I could be wrong about that.  My vision isn't what it ought to be.  You might check it out though. You're off to a good start.
    Thanks, it is not meant to be photo real, it is like this. I could spend days painting anything perfect, but painted this in 5 hours.