Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Well I Finally Picked Up My Paintbrush

This is my first oil painting in over 25 years (and my second attempt at posting this). I already know that there are a lot of issues with it. I didn’t premix enough colors, the drawing is off, and I started blending way too early. Still, I think I kinda like it and I LOVE these Geneva paints. Also, it’s painted on a type of paper which I prepared with an acrylic paint, but I guess I didn’t do a good enough job because as you can see on the right, the oil is soaking into the paper. I’m not too bothered by it, though because I’m just considering this as practice. 

Reference Photo:

Painting:
I’m titling it: Online Dating (or Miss Honeycrisp Looked Nothing Like Her Profile Picture)

As I was painting I was imagining a tomato going to pick up his date. When the door opens, instead of being greeted by the heirloom goddess he thought he was taking out, a Honeycrisp apple answers the door. Because, let’s face it, this painting looks more like a tomato than an apple. Don’t you think?

I probably should have used a Washington or a Granny Smith for my first attempt, but these were the only apples we had in the house. 

Anyway, I hope this gives you a chuckle!
PaulBGTOArtGalCJDCsontvarydencalMichaelDHunter1BuckyA_Time_To_PaintForgivenesstassieguyGary_HeathBKWCBGmajamajatjalferesHondoRW

Comments