Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Hoping that I am on the right path....

I am a beginner. I chose Mark Carder as my mentor, teacher and guide. I have no art studies and began my attempt at oil painting Oct. 2020 with zero experience. I am fortunate if I can draw a dot. Here is my starting point to hopefully my very first completed work. Any helpful critique is welcomed.  Thank you. 
dencalMayeoli

Comments

• edited November 19
    Excellent sketch!! I think you chose some good colours for the fabric.

I'm not sure because I don't know what angle you are looking at your jar from, but I think your ellipse at the bottom of the jar might be a bit too flat, and the top of the jar where the ridges are looks a little bit thinner than the one on the real jar.

Do you have a proportional divider? I have one and I find it very useful.
    Azeem
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I see it now. Not to late to fix. Proportional divider has to come in next month's budget. This is very useful information. 
  • Good start on this painting.
    Just one thing, if you off center the glass jar it would help in your composition.
    Also I would add a couple of more objects to the painting so it can flow better.
    Azeem