This is the last of the three repaints I needed to do for my next show in Jan/Feb. I don't think it's any better than the first version but I tried to bring more variation into the brushwork in light of recent critiques. Instead of just short dashes and dabs I tried to do longer, more fluid strokes to better follow the forms. But that may not be apparent in this small photo of a quite big painting.
In future paintings I'm going to keep thinking about brushwork - maybe do smaller paintings with bigger brushes. This painting was done with number 2 and 4 flats and filberts - about 1 and 2 cm wide - not tiny but not whoppers either. I used lots of earth colours in this - yellow ochre and red oxide.
Anyway, still a hundred little things to fix in it but finally got the canvas covered today. Will take a better photo tomorrow in sunlight with my camera - this one was taken at night with my cell phone.
All comments/critiques/suggestions very welcome.
Thanks for looking and commenting.