Hi guys, I'm thinking of going super cheap for about 2-3 years to focus more on training myself on the things that I do not know and social media. Although I'll do some bigger paintings once in a while but not like before. I want to keep the spending limited. If you feel any changes are needed to the list below then please let me know.
Following are the things that I'm going to do:
1. Sketchbook drawing with pen, ink, and watercolor. Already doing this and it is like everyday work.
2. Small oil sketches for portraits, flowers, foliage, animals et al. Are canvas pads good enough for practice paintings? I can attach them to a panel later if need be.
3. Finished charcoal drawings on A2 paper. I loved doing this years ago. Want to go back to it. Need to make a stratcher and buya fixative.
4. More regularity in chalk drawings on newsprint.
5. Plein air oil sketches but not regularly.
Apart from these, I wish to do more exhibitions in the galleries and expand my presence on social media for marketing purposes. If possible I will go for a pro dealer in sometime.
2020 was not a total lossmaking year as I did many things and learnt a lot. I want to capitalise on those learnings.