Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Photo for a new still life

Photo for a new still life. What do you think about it?

MayeoliA_Time_To_Paint

Comments

• edited October 12
    This could work as a painting, @Datura. I love the red ribbon - the light and shade as it winds down the picture space is wonderful. But I think that it would be better if you made the animal more recognizable as a real animal. Maybe use one with some fur on it. But that's just me. I'm an incorrigible realist. Others may think differently and you are so skilled that I don't doubt you could make it work.  :)
    Datura
  • @Datura I would opt for at least three objects that you can vary for a composition.  You might even look at objects you’ve done in the past that could be arranged and related in a new way.  But whatever you choose to do it helps a lot if you feel it so much that when you wake up in the morning you can’t wait to get back to the studio to work on it.  If you feel so strongly about it that it occupies your thoughts all day long then you know you’ve got a great subject and composition.
    Si1Datura
  • @Datura what about some of the paper and tools and such that you use in your printmaking?   I know that when I did the guitar with glass slide the thing I really wanted to do was the music sheets on the table.  You might say the guitar and glass slide were just excuses to do those sheets.  And yeah, I thought about those sheets for days and days as I worked and reworked them.
    Datura
  • tassieguy said:
    This could work as a painting, @Datura. I love the red ribbon - the light and shade as it winds down the picture space is wonderful. But I think that it would be better if you made the animal more recognizable as a real animal. Maybe use one with some fur on it. But that's just me. I'm an incorrigible realist. Others may think differently and you are so skilled that I don't doubt you could make it work.  :)
    Thanks a lot, I like the lightning on the ribbon too. I like this particular toy a lot and I am very excited to pain it, but I plan to paint different plush animals in the future, so there will be some furry creatures in my paintings:)

• GTO said:
    @Datura I would opt for at least three objects that you can vary for a composition.  You might even look at objects you’ve done in the past that could be arranged and related in a new way.  But whatever you choose to do it helps a lot if you feel it so much that when you wake up in the morning you can’t wait to get back to the studio to work on it.  If you feel so strongly about it that it occupies your thoughts all day long then you know you’ve got a great subject and composition.
    Thanks for good advice. To me this painting is rather a portrait of this toy. I have used wrong words in the title of the thread. I can't stop thinking about this little toy, to me its adorable:)

GTO said:
    @Datura what about some of the paper and tools and such that you use in your printmaking?   I know that when I did the guitar with glass slide the thing I really wanted to do was the music sheets on the table.  You might say the guitar and glass slide were just excuses to do those sheets.  And yeah, I thought about those sheets for days and days as I worked and reworked them.
    Oh, thats a great idea. I have different printmaking tools - barrens, gauges and different printing inks.