Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

First layer of a new painting

First layer of a new painting.
I plan to leave most of the painting loose and make focal point more detailed.
Advice and critique welcomed.
Oil on linen
24 x 33 cm

ArtGalGTOMayeoli

Comments

• I’m very interested in seeing how this progresses.  It’s a different approach than alla prima. I’m curious as to how much of the under painting you will allow to show through.
  • You have a wonderful base here, @Datrura. You could almost leave it there - as a semi-abstract. I look forward to seeing what you do with it in subsequent layer(s).  :)
  • GTO said:
    I’m very interested in seeing how this progresses.  It’s a different approach than alla prima. I’m curious as to how much of the under painting you will allow to show through.
    I have painted over it the next day, when it was still wet, which might have been a mistake. Thanks for your comment. The final result can be seen in a thred "The sea".

tassieguy said:
    You have a wonderful base here, @Datrura. You could almost leave it there - as a semi-abstract. I look forward to seeing what you do with it in subsequent layer(s).  :)
    Thanks, I might have left it there but I proceeded with the work the next day.Yu can see the final result in the thred "The sea".