Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

recent Corona time still-life

Comments

• @shahin what set of brushes do you use for this?  Types and sizes?
  • @GTO, funny you ask. up til these few paintings which I did, and by the way I'm going to post a few more for you, I was using a soft brush actually yet trying to show a harsher look which was strange! the brush is a rosemary evergreen which is a synthetic softer brush. since my devilish face and the guy holding a cup and the one I'm working on now, I have changed to a rougher bristle brush. it also happens to be Rosemarie called ultimate bristle. I think I'm staying with that one since while working on wood it gives me the exact feel I have always longed for.
  • @shahin, I'm a complete novice... trying to learn. Your work is breathtaking.

I am fascinated with this and other of your recent works posted on the forum in which you seem to have deconstructed or broken particular edges, usually ones which are less focal. These often involve strokes which cross out or interrupt the edge but retain contrast, sometimes pulling in the adjacent area and sometimes pulling in remote colors from less adjacent areas or objects.  Interestingly, these features retain enough immediacy and hence contribute a certain amount of interest in the work, which edge control through blending would not have achieved (such blending can render those areas into complete obscurity).  Your technique successfully attenuates one kind of focus (at least one kind of my mind), one of form and object, while heightening another, namely my more abstract sense of color, texture, and contrast.   And sometimes the colors tie the work together as well when they speak of areas farther away or reference the color of the forms or objects of focus.

I find it immensely wonderful, and helps make the every bit of the entire piece contribute to the whole. 

This is what your work does for my eyes.

So now coms to my question as my eyes have nothing to do with your art:  What is your reason as the artist for breaking up the edges the particular way you do?  How much of it is purposeful or planned, and how much of it is based on instinct?  Do have a philosophy or insights regarding the interruption of edge you could share?

Once again, breathtaking work. 

• @CBG, well I think you must be some master yourself for being able to describe all this the way you did.  as for your question, I have to say; it is all pre-calculated and it is all instinctual or intuitive if you will. in other words; to me, they seem to be both one of the same.  the intuition normally creates mathematical beauty only because you are a part of this formula of beauty "rule of the golden ratio". trust me, more often than I care to admit I mess them up. I only go back to them and rechew them a thousand times until I hear the music?! for me its a thirst for this so-called deconstruction.  I have this itch for it. I want to get better and bolder only to then leave it alone or let it calm down and appear more naturally throughout the work. as for now, that's not the case. this whole thing is an endless continuum and its dynamic. there is no end. I'm just a beginner throughout the whole endeavor. when compared with some people such as Dennis Perrin per say. feel free to contact me anytime, if I can ever be of any help. 310.606.1153. thanks so much for all the lovely compliments. be well and safe
  • @shahin Thank you for responding so quickly.

Thank you for complimenting me on my use of language.  I was describing what I saw and experienced.  At most, I am an observant novice who has read more about art than I have produced.

It pleases me to know that you have an itch for a technique, which you are successfully executing in your work.

Stay well and good painting!

• @CBG,...:o) dont be a stranger. always here to answer anything. feel free to text or call as well