Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

First oil painting - Two pears after Mark Carder

This is my first oil on canvas painting, so please don’t judge too strictly :) Many thanks to Mark Carder’s video tutorials for the immensely useful advice. I followed the Carder method’s principles, although with some modifications. E.g. I used grey gesso to stain the canvas (W&N linen); the paints are Cobra water miscible oils (limited palette) diluted down with Cobra medium to approximate the creamy consistence of Geneva paint. To aid the ambition of developing good brush habits, my black- and white-specialized brushes are now labeled with some electric tape of the corresponding color :) I resisted the compulsion to blend and now learned to appreciate the loose brushwork 😊 It will take a lot of practice to get to the skill level I want to be at, I guess the subtlety comes last... Please help me improve - any constructive criticism and tips are welcome!
Thanks,
Anna
MichaelDArtGalGTOA_Time_To_PaintJacobDuanetassieguymichal3michaldencalRichard_PBuckyalsart2manitou

Comments