Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Photoshop and Photo Modification for Painting

This conversation is for the benifit of photo reference modifications in Photoshop and or photo illustration and general photo enhancement as well as matriculated compositions. If there is an existing conversation please delete this. 

Comments

• The Elk is not my photo but the landscape is. Aside from ragged edges does this combination work visually...believably....in particular the light narration of each reference is not in contradiction with one another.
    Given the impossibility of an elk posing for an artist ...this is one option to resolve for reference.
  • The problem I have here is that my eyes go to the elk and then follow the line of trees in the sky and reflected in the water away from the animal and to the lowest point of the trees on the far left. That might be what you intended, but If you cut some of the left of the image off and added more to the right it would avoid this effect.
  • Richard_P said:
    The problem I have here is that my eyes go to the elk and then follow the line of trees in the sky and reflected in the water away from the animal and to the lowest point of the trees on the far left. That might be what you intended, but If you cut some of the left of the image off and added more to the right it would avoid this effect.
    So you saying your eyes leave the left side but dont cycle back into the space of the painting.
    The lower left for ground and lillypads too weak visually to have any affect compared to the heavy value contrast in the background trees and reflections.
    Taking from left and adding to right runs risk of centering the elk in middle of canvas 
    Do you see the line of site from viewer to the animals posture would seem the viewer would be looking to the right when looking at that stance.
  • TedB said:
    Flip the elk?
    That would work.
  • The straight line of trees is very distracting.  If you could break it up, it would help.  All I could focus on was that line.