Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

MADE A FOOL OF MYSELF.

edited August 18 in Off-Topic Discussion
Dear artists,
Have any of you made a  fool of yourselfes.
I uloaded some art on a website 5 years ago.. 
TOTALLY FORGOT IT.

Yesterday, I received an SMS telling me that one of my little drawings was SOLD..
OH god, I NEVER said SELL, I just wanted to show it.

But the gallery owner informed me that  if an artist uploads art, ALL ART is automatically for sale.
THIS ARTIST TOTALLY MISSED THIS.
Now I am removed from their website and was told that they now have to applogoze to the customer.
I feel just awul as I  am an honest artist and I would never ever cheat anyone.
I feel for both the client and the gallery..
My consience is killing me.
All opinion will be  apreceated.  xxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• None of us have perfect memories, @Catlady. Don't feel too bad about it. It was five years ago - not surprising you forgot about it. Just put it down to experience. And check there are not others still floating around out there on the web. Then put it behind you.  :)
  • Catlady

How did the buyer and website arrive at a price if you were not intending to sell?

I would have sold it. There is no point in being precious about a piece of art that you could recreate and improve on in a day or so.

If no longer available offer an equivalent piece or at least offer to make a giclee of the original. 

Denis

ArtGal
  • I think Catlady had sold it already after having forgotten it was on the site and not being aware when she put it on the site that she was offering it for sale there.  :)
  • edited September 4
    Dear friends..
    I  asked the website owner to DELETE my account,
    And NO I never said sell any of my art, I thought the website was only for showing art not selling. 
    Besides how can they sell when I never gave them my banking  details where  money can be deposited.
    I still have the  picture but as I am now DELETED,  there is no point  of tyrying to sell it through this  nice website.
    Had talk with owner of site and she said all is well, no harm done really. xxxx
    HUGE FAT THANKS TO ALL OF YOU  FOR ANSWERING  THIS IGNORANT ARTIST, XXXXXX
  • A very interesting story. My personal website is so out of date, I fear that I might have a similar occurrence, but it would be all on me since I have many pieces listed for sale on my site that have already been sold. Did you price your work when you posted it? I think that would have been the clue that the site owner intended to sell it, not just display it. If you didn't price it, how did they decide what to sell it for? 

One thing the event does show is that you never know when something will sell. I have had some older pieces in a local gallery that have been there for several years, unsold. Almost every time I suggest to the owner that I swap one out, he declines. Interestingly more than one of those pieces ended up selling not long after the day that I wanted to remove it!

Catlady