Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Excited to be part of the DMP community!

Hi everyone, I am fairly new at painting. For 3 years now I have been following along with the Bob Ross videos and have completed about 50 paintings. I have received a lot of positive feedback and have actually framed and given away as gifts several paintings. I never felt however that I was creating real art and it didn't feel right when I signed my name to a painting. I found DMP and decided to give it a try. I am pleased with my first attempt at realism considering it was done in a very makeshift way. I am now in the process of building my studio to Mark's exact specifications and plan on following his technique to the letter. Please disregard the lettering on the book. I just wanted to finish the painting so I could hurry up and start building my new studio. Stay safe!
ArtGalBOB73

Comments

• edited June 2
    Hi, @Pack. Welcome to the forum.  :)

That's a good first effort. I wouldn't have noticed the lettering if you hadn't mentioned it. The only slight problem is the proportions of the big jar on the left.

Many of us here started as beginners in realism and have found the advice and encouragement here a great help. I'm sure you will too.  :)
    BOB73Pack
  • Pack

Hi and Welcome.

Great start.

Denis
  • welcome to the forum.  That’s a good first effort and an ambitious composition.
  • Hi and welcome to the forum :)   
  • Hi and welcome,
    good start

:) 
  • Welcome to the forum. The painting is well done. Love the bell and its reflection. let us know if you want critique and feedback when you post a painting. After completing so many paintings you may find it tedious and time consuming to follow the Carder/DMP method but stay the course and you will see terrific improvement.
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome and complements. 
    BOB73 said:
    Welcome to the forum. The painting is well done. Love the bell and its reflection. let us know if you want critique and feedback when you post a painting. 
    Thanks Bob. I would definitey like feedback on my future paintings. This painting was actually just an experiment to see if I wanted to, or even could paint in realism.  I am in the process of building a new studio a la Carder. Hopefully any future paintings that I do will be worthy of being critiqued on this forum. 

BOB73