Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

What are 5 of your favourite artists?

CJDCJD -
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Let's share some inspiring art and five of our favourite artists. Here are some of mine!

1. Stepan Fedorovich Kolsenikov

2. Louise Fenne

3. Gelena Pavlenko

4. Isaac Levitan

5. Carlo Russo

anweshaForgivenesskaustavM

Comments

• @anwesha nice list! I like Savchenko's fall leaf paintings a lot. He does a great job at using super bright saturated reds and oranges and somehow makes it work.

Just last night I was looking at some George Inness paintings and realized that's where Charles Weed got his inspiration for those tree paintings from. Inness has some tree paintings that are just like the one you shared :) 
    anwesha
  •  Savchenko does it for me. Beautiful!
    CJDanwesha
  • @tassieguy Are you familiar with Savchenko's work? Check him out online - he paints for the season. Every fall he paints amazing fall scenes, then the same for the winter, spring and summer.. and then seems to repeat this every year. He's the man!
  • edited December 2019
    Thanks, @CJD. I'll definately check him out. The two @anwesha posted are stunning. Exquisitely painterly! It's the sort of landscape realism I can only dream of achieving.  :)
    anwesha
  • Beautiful paintings!

After googling these artists I like Carlo Russo and Alexey Savchenko's artwork.

P.s. Should this thread be called 'look upon these works, and despair'?
    kaustavMCJDArtGalBoudicca
  • edited December 2019
    Richard_P said:
    Beautiful paintings!

After googling these artists I like Carlo Russo and Alexey Savchenko's artwork.

P.s. Should this thread be called 'look upon these works, and despair'?
    Why despair? Jump out of the chair as if your bottom is on fire and some boiled linseed oil rubbed onto it!  :p We must paint our best everyday and one day someone from us will be on that list. Seems impossible? Pressure and deadline are the keys to excellence :)
    CJDJulianna
  • @anwesha   I love the last one the best
  • @anwesha I now have to take a closer look at Alexey Savchenk, those paintings are amazing.

I see you like Katie Whipple too.

Here are my five...
    Jules Bastien Lepage  The Harvesters  1877    70 7/8" x 76 3/4"
    Les Foins

Ilya Repin  "Dr. Pavlov In the Operating Room"  1888  11 x 15 7/8"

Vasily Polenov  Moscow Yard 1877 19 5/8" x 15 1/8"
    (this image is a bit amped up on the colors, the actual work is darker)

Jacob Collins
    Image result for Jacob Collins Artist

also Katie Whipple who studied at the Grand Central Atelier, one of Jacob Collins' schools.
    She is painting floral still lifes now but here is one of her paintings I have of hers from when she was studying at that school.
    8" x 10" Oil on Panel

CJD
  • That's a great portrait to own
  • I guess my favourites change over time, here are some that I have been into over the past few years. I do also love other artists works that are not just still life :-)

Paul Coventry Brown

Cindy Procious

Christopher Gallego

Rory McEwan
    (This is actually a watercolour, which I find incredible)

Brett Humphries

CJDJessicaArt
  • I would have named Constable+Turner, Monet, Kuindzhi, Kandinski and SargZorn but there are many others like Pollock, Cezanne, Renoir plus some Indian artists. 

But here are some modern guys that I like on technical grounds:

Jeremy Lipking

Pramod Kurlekar
    Related image

Milind Mullick
    Related image

Stefan Baumann
    Image result for stefan baumann

Vladimir Volegov
    Image result for vladimir volegov

CJD
  • MichaelD said:
    I guess my favourites change over time, here are some that I have been into over the past few years. I do also love other artists works that are not just still life :-)

Paul Coventry Brown

Christopher Gallego

wow. LOVE this one amazing how the most mundane thing can look amazing as a painting. The floors boggle my mind! 

MichaelD
  • I agree @JessicaArt, it helps us see how beautiful those every day things around us are.

Makes me feel like walking into those rooms.
  • Agree with @MichaelD. The personality of this space is very intimate and invites the viewer.
    MichaelD