Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Vacation ideas in the USA

Thinking of taking a road trip in the USA somewhere in a 600 mile radius of Buffalo NY. Anybody have any suggestions or know of some artsy events (music/paint/photography) going on in the first 2 weeks of June. Thinking of the Rock and Roll Hall of fame in Cleveland , but would like to do/see more.
tjs

Comments

• SPAC ( Saratoga Performing Arts Center ) has some great stuff going on, from Brad Paisley, Rascal Flats, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers to Cuban Jazz and performances of the H.M.S. Pinafore. BUT, Cleveland rocks, too! In addition to the RRHOF, check out the Cleveland Museum of Art and museums on the Case Western Reserve campus. If you like WWII the USS Cod submarine is in Cleveland and a fun tour.

And if you haven't been to Pittsburgh lately, its a really fun town. The Carnegie Museum of Art is worthwhile and I liked the Warhol Museum, too. Plus there's more Steeltown stuff!!

Good stuff all over the NE. Cooperstown is smaller and and if you're in Buffalo you may have already done the James Fenimore Cooper Museum, Baseball Hall of Fame, and Farmers Museum.

And one of my favorites, but haven't been for a few years, are the National galleries and Hirschorn in D.C. I love to stay in Dupont Circle (easy to get to) quite a few hotels ( I like Jury's ) and great restaurants, plus the Metro is awesome for getting around.

Hope this helps! Happy vacationing! :)
    Cindy
  • Mark_CarderMark_Carder admin
    edited June 2013
    The Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art) in NY! Must see.
    LizONeal
  • Thank you all for your suggestions. It's looking like Cleveland,Pittsburgh and somewhere in western NY .
  • Have fun & safe journey :)
  • edited June 2013
    This is probably too late but Letchworth State Park is an awesome sight. A gorge cut through the rocks by the Genesee River. Called the grand Canyon of the east. The park and gorge are 27 miles long with scenic overlooks ranging from 300 to 500 feet above the river and 3 waterfalls too. Lots of picnic places and Indian history with a small museum too. Great place to "recharge the batteries" and relax.