Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Some Digital Paintings

I'm not really one to go onto the digital side. I've experimented and dabbled in it here and there but always gravitated toward the traditional side. I still do. My wife got me the apple pencil a couple years ago and i hardly ever used it. We went on vacation last week and we decided to travel light with just carry ons for our flight. I didn't take a sketchbook with me (because I didn't want the hassle of being searched) so I just took my ipad and apple pencil. While on the trip I started dabbling with my apple pencil in Procreate and found that the tools were very easy to use and understand. It's kind of like Photoshop but more for the illustrator. I took my knowledge of what I've learned traditionally and applied it digitally with surprising results. 

PaulBForgivenessdencalArtGalSummerbobbybirdsWIKENBobitaly

Comments

• @Rich_A - amazing for sure, these are very good, I can till sense your style though
  • These are stunning. 
  • Outstanding! Nice tool to have when you're on the go and anytime! I'm impressed!
  • I appreciate the comments guys. It means a lot.
  • I just picked up an iPad pro 3rd gen a couple days ago. I was hoping to use it to try take photos of oil paintings I am working on and practice edit some ideas before putting brush to canvas but seeing these makes me want to try some full digit work! What program(s) do you use? Is there any specific tutorials that will help you learn the tools faster or is it simply trial and error? 
  • Rich_ARich_A -
    edited July 2019
    I just picked up an iPad pro 3rd gen a couple days ago. I was hoping to use it to try take photos of oil paintings I am working on and practice edit some ideas before putting brush to canvas but seeing these makes me want to try some full digit work! What program(s) do you use? Is there any specific tutorials that will help you learn the tools faster or is it simply trial and error? 
    Hey Bobby, the program I use is called Procreate. 

Here's a link.
    https://procreate.art/

It's real easy to pick up the first time. There are a huge variety of brushes, pencils, chalks, pens, etc. Whenever I needed a question I would go on youtube and I would usually find it. I know they have their own forum also. The layer options are like photoshop. You get the same layer preferences. 
    bobbybirds