Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Polished copper

I am very frustrated trying to color-match the highlight in a polished copper item in my still life set up. I have only Marks limited palette. I’m thinking raw sienna might help me out but, alas no one will ship it to me on this island (must be shipped via air)  Aaargh!
Any good ideas?

Comments

• PaulBPaulB mod
    Without a reference photo we can't help.
  • there is often a green cast on the edges of a highlight which changes the way we perceive it but undetectable from a distance. but if you have burnt sienna and yellow oxide you can try that or try to match from other primaries. This video shows both approaches.
    Show us the photo if there is one. that will help.
    kaustavMkmk
  • You should be able to match any dull yellow/orange/brown colour with Mark's palette. If you post a reference photo we can try to help.
  • Even though this shows Mark hasn't been on the forum in a year and a half, I wonder if he got your question because his latest video is excellent for your question!!!

P.S.  I don't know if you got the information about Ad Reinhardt (I wrote you a book) - your story was fascinating - I bet Corey would love to hear about it.
  • Julianna said:
    Even though this shows Mark hasn't been on the forum in a year and a half, I wonder if he got your question because his latest video is excellent for your question!!!

P.S.  I don't know if you got the information about Ad Reinhardt (I wrote you a book) - your story was fascinating - I bet Corey would love to hear about it.
    I’m not sure I understand the P.S.?
  • no wonder!!   It was weatherford with the Ad Reinhardt story - sorry about that!!!  It's not even like y'alls names sound alike.  Just ignore that last sentence -   it was cool about the copper reflections!  
  • It's hell getting old.... but then I just saw an article about the celebrities that have died this year so far. I've out-lived so many of them that have died and never get a chance at old. Getting old isn't so bad after all.
  • Usually a better aBOB73 said:
    It's hell getting old.... but then I just saw an article about the celebrities that have died this year so far. I've out-lived so many of them that have died and never get a chance at old. Getting old isn't so bad afterall.

Usually better than alternative.