Greek home

Having spent several holidays exploring Greek islands and villages I wanted to paint something to remind me of the country that stole my heart.

I have been doing this one over several weeks, tweaking a section, adding a section and have learnt so much from this one.

Aways put the background in and paint over the top, rather than adding it in as I go along.

I've also learnt olive trees are a bugger to paint.

The thing I have learnt the most is I must move away from little canvases!

dencalcoastgirl

Comments

• Your painting has brought back some really happy memories of the holiday I had in Greece about 10 years ago - thank you! I like your choice of colours, by the way. As for olive trees being a "bugger to paint", I'd like to extend that to all tree species, please. 🙂
    Pepper
  • They really like those deep blue colors in the Mediterranean. It's difficult to find a travelogue photo that doesn't have blue structures.

Peppermichalis
  • BOB73 said:
    They really like those deep blue colors in the Mediterranean. It's difficult to find a travelogue photo that doesn't have blue structures.

Occasionally there are green doors / shutters but it is mostly blue and really makes the houses more unique, would spend hours in the villages taking photos then in the evening watch the sunset over the med.....
    BOB73
  • BOB73 said:
    They really like those deep blue colors in the Mediterranean. It's difficult to find a travelogue photo that doesn't have blue structures.

Every Greek have at least once painted his/her door or windows blue. Especially those who live in the islands.
    BOB73Pepper