Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can send an email to [email protected] if you have questions about how to use this forum.

Is my stain color correct?

Hello! I would like an opinion about my stain color. Do you think it's adequate? The photo does not capture the colors at the correct intensity, I'd say it's a bit darker.

I get the impression that the stain color that Mark taught in his first video is somewhat reddish, but the color of Geneva foundation seems to be more neutral and dark.

Comments

• Nei_P_J

Perfect! But your lighting is not.

Denis

• The light is insufficient in the picture but I have lamps that give me extra light, I did not use it because for some reason it was leaving the color too light in the photo. But yes, I need to buy a 5000k, although I find that this may not be as crucial so because in practice the paintings are exposed in the same standard fluorescent light we use at home.
  • I think the Geneva Foundation Stain on your canvas will work just fine.  You are probably like me and would like it to be more of a mid-value and not so dark--more like the recipe Mark had available three years ago.  I keep hoping a lighter version will be available soon from the Geneva store.